Friday, March 11, 2016

Egyptian Muse

Marhaban!  That's how you say hello or welcome in Egypt.
 
My post today is two greeting cards and a tag using the wonderful Muse On The Nile stamp plate and the Egypt collage sheet.  I've also got an altered tag as a little bonus.
 
 
The first card I made has King Tut's face and the pyramids stamped on thin mica chips with StazOn ink.  When you stamp on mica be sure to use a steady hand because rubber stamps may slide a little if you aren't careful.  It's a little like stamping on plastic.  Notice how dark the mica started out?  It's a rock that is formed of paper thin layers.  You can pull them apart to get the color you desire.  The pieces were attached with a glue stick.  Don't worry, you can't see the glue.
 
 
 
 
There is a globe pattern in the Happy Travels paper collection from Glitz.  I trimmed it down so keep the side with Egypt and set aside the other piece for a project later on.  The yellow background is from a Graphic 45 paper pad and has a very faint crackle pattern that isn't really visible here.  I thought it went well with the ancient theme.  Once the mica was glued in place I stamped the words from the stamp plate around the images.  The words in black squares were cut from the Egypt collage sheet.
 
 
Do you like the shiny bling?  I had a scrap of gold foil from another project.  I set the metal sheet on a mouse pad and used the tip of my ScorPal stylus to create this random pattern.  Then I cut a random shape from the piece and glued it in place with tacky glue.  I paired it with a gold glitter layer so that the gold metal wouldn't be overpowering for the rest of the card if it was the only shiny element.
 
 
I thought this chevron paper made a great background for an Egyptian card!  It hints at a pyramid, doesn't it?  I bought a sheet of the Egyptian collage on parchment from Altered Pages so the Pharaoh had a vague yellow tint and a blue/black design and it paired beautifully with this Glitz design.  The paper pad also had a solid dusky blue sheet and I stamped the pyramids on it to match the background.  Foam dimension squares hold the pyramids a little off the card.
 
 
As an accent piece, I used the Egypt collage printed on ivory colored paper so that it would blend with the shipping tag. 
 
 

 
 
List of supplies:
Muse on the Nile stamp plate
Mica Chips
Gold Foil
Glitz paper pads
Tacky Glue & Glue Stick
Double-Sided Adhesive
Foam Dimensional Adhesive
Scor Pal
StazOn Ink Pad
Egypt Collage Image Sheet 
Yellow Tag Alphabet Collage Image Sheet
Shipping Tag 
 

4 comments:

  1. the mica was genius! grand project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so luxe and royal! I just adore them.
    Would you like my shipping address? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Cards Robin, great use of these wonderful stamps and I love your choice of background papers! xx

    ReplyDelete