Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from March, 2017

My Marie Paper Journal Part 3 of 3

This has been a wonderful paper journal to make.  USArtQuest handmade papers made this a very special paper journal.  Today I am going to share the cover of my journal.  I am very pleased with the outcome. I hope you enjoy it! To start cover the front of the book and the back withUSArtQuest handmade papers, adhere with PPA.

Adhere lace with PPA around the border of the front cover.
Use a Glam Frame Sticker to frame a Marie Antoinette Altered Pages collage image... use metallic rub-on to distress the frame.

Mist three shabby roses with desired colors.  Finally spray with gold Shimmer Mist, let dry. Speed up drying with a heat tool, being careful not to burn the fabric. The gold Shimmer Mist gives the shabby roses a vintage look.  Once the roses are dry add a little bit of PPA to the edges and sprinkle with USArtQuest Mica D'lights!  This add more dimension and sparkle. First add Glam Frame Sticker around fussy cut Marie Antoinette Altered Pages collage image.  Layer a second image of …

My Marie Paper Journal Part 2 of 3

As promised in my post yesterday here is the base of the book, cover and pages.  USArtQuest handmade papers are perfect for this paper journal. I had a hard time cutting some of the beautiful papers.I have added a few tags, envelopes and more from Altered Pages. To make the paper journal I am using an old book and up-cycling it!   In yesterdays post HERE we cut the pages from the cover.Notebook rings are used to bind the book together! Then cut the spine cover in half as pictured above.
I used USArtQuest PPA to glue the spine cover to the front and back of the book as pictured above. Create a template with holes where you would like them on the cover and for all the pages of the book... make sure not to make the holes too close to the edge of the paper, this will keep it from easily ripping out of the book!
Cut papers just a bit smaller that the front and back of the book, making sure to cover the previous papers. Adhere to the inside of the cover, be sure to glue to the edge of the paper. …

My Marie Paper Journal

USArtQuest has been an awesome partner this month, their products are high quality top of the line. Believe me, no one is paying me to say this! Over the next three days I have a project that I will be sharing in stages.  I am up-cycling an old book to be my journal.  I am not sure if I would call my journal a junk-journal or a glue book.  It is not your typical journal, maybe it should be called a paper journal. 



The plan is to fill this journal with  images of  Marie Antoinette from Altered Pages collection of AWESOME images!


Before we get to the journal I would love to introduce you to the wonderful handmade papers from USArtQuest!
They are a feast to a paper addicts eyes!  I can almost feel them with my eyes!

The colors and textures are to die for, there are mulberry papers, glittered papers, sewn papers, botanicals, even wax.


You will find prints and patterns, USArtQuest has it all.


Back to my journal.  If you touch and feel handmade papers you will not be able to toss even the small…

ATC Doublet

I have had a manic week but managed to get this little piece created with some of the gorgeous images from Altered Pages.  I used a few different techniques on this one.






I began by choosing three images from Altered Pages Celestial  Images collage printable
The two white card ATC cards were first stained with coffee and water and left to dry. With washi tape I bound the two ATC cards together.

I used text and steampunk background stamps and brown ink on top of the stain.  After this dried I added watercolor patches on top of the stamped images for colour.  Once dried the images were fussy cut and collaged onto the background on both the back and the front (one image each) and the center three images.



After the images were stuck down well enough and dried. I added more color with the paint. Added some scribbled border with a black pen, shading with the paints and white dots front, back and center using white gel pen
I then added some crackle accents and dried. Finally adding some metall…