Skip to main content


Join the Altered Pages Tag Challenge!

Thank you Becky Bunn and Jackie Hedlund for joining the September Tag Challenge!

Here is how you can join the Tag Challenge!

Create a tag, any size, any medium
Post your tag on ourFacebook page
Win GIVEAWAYS of tags, stamps & ?? Share your art and win some cool stuff. We will have 5 winners.
We will showcase your tags here on the blog and on social media. One tag per day gets you a prize drawing entry and if you use any AlteredPages products you get two entries into the drawings.
To make it REALLY great for you, any mailable order we receive through 9-24-2017, will have 5 assorted tags added for FREE.

From the archives Altered Pages Design Team inspiration!!!

Please join us!

Recent posts

Halloween Gift Tag

Have you been playing along with us this month and sharing your tag art?  Today I have a gift tag project that really holds a gift card.

To make this tag gift card, you need two tags and two pieces of card stock.  I made a hinge to hold the tags together by measuring the distance along the straight edge of the tag by 2 inches wide.  I used my Scor Board to make sure the fold is perfectly centered and straight.

I used ScorTape to hold the hinge and cards together with a touch of white glue for stability.

I cut the pocket freehand.  These tags are 3 1/2 inches wide, so I made the front of the pocket 3 1/4 inches, PLUS a half inch extra for folding on the back.  This was also attached with ScorTape and little bit of white glue.

I covered the front tag and the front of the pocket with Corazonitos Sabor paper.  It's a really pretty black and gray swirl pattern that's great for Halloween.

I chose some of my favorite Halloween collage images from the Altered Pages web site and this wonder…

tagapalooza--tags and more tags, all sorts of tags!

Okay, I might use tags when I make stuff.  Maybe.

This book is full of colored tags with quotes and stamping and collage images, with jute for pulls

Tags made from patterned papers--these were for an Altered Pages Christmas Alphabetica kit.

Another book full of tags that are books, "bound" together with my favorite lightbulb shaped pins.

Even in altered books, pockets full of tags and collage images can add a great interactive element to the piece:

Here is a list of my very favorite Altered Pages tag stuff . . .
lightbulb shaped safety pins, for binding tags to tags and adding:
transit tokens
ribbons and silky seam binding and tulle
bakers twine and jute
a little shine with German Scrap or, even easier, these gold border stickers
any kind of border embellishment, like THESE paper ones, or THIS stamp

Altered Pages is hosting an Art Tag Challenge through September--and yes, there are goodies involved!  Here's what you can do to join in:
Create a tag, any siz…

Tag Along Treat Box

I love tags. I decided to take my tags and try my hand at morphing them into a tag box.  I love that all the great goodies I have can take regular manilla tags and make them into an amazing project. I hope that you like my video and can't wait to see your feedback. I also hope that you will try out the Tag Challenge!

SEE the video below, BUT WAIT...share your tag art on our FACEBOOK PAGE to win our giveaways!

Supplies Tags Aleene’s Tacky Glue (on hand) Prima Ginger Magic Gel Press Gelatos DixieBelle Chalk Paints MicaColor Watercolors acrylic paints Brayer Stencils Palette Knife Pan Pastels Dyeable  Seam Binding Assorted Cardstock Scotch Cover-up Sheet (on Hand) Masking Tape Sharpie markers Air Brush and alcohol for seam binding

Alice's Tag

Alice in Wonderland is always a favorite. She got into my head and I couldn't stop thinking about my next tag is all about Alice.

I began with our jumbo tag and grabbed the "Alice" colors of paper, along with embellishments and the original art stamp plate from the Muse. 

I like to get double duty from supplies, so I often use things that were meant for other things! (does that make sense?)
Layering the papers I found that I really liked the soft line of the black and white die cut paper placed on the bold chevron stripe. To round out the patterns I chose the fleur de lis.
I created a pocket and inserted the mini playing cards of the Queen of Hearts and a Jack of Spades.   
Nex, I stamped Alice, cut out from the stamp plate and used our acrylic block with double sided tape to add her image on bold red paper.  I bit of washi tape and a small rose charm finished her.

Then a bit of bling with rhinestone cup chain was added top and bottom. The crowning grace is the volumin…

Two for One Tag!

Yesterday was the KICK-Off of the Altered Pages Tag Challenge!!!  It will go through the end of September, you can join the fun with us. We will host an interactive event here on the blog and on the Altered Pages Facebook page.  Stop by each day for inspiration!!!

Today I have "Two Tags in One"

Large Julie Nutting Tag
Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint:   Metallique Soft SatinPrima FlowersMetalic Wax
Small Specialty Print Tag
Large Rhinestone
Bazzill Edges Border
Border Design 2
Prima 6x6 Paper pad
Stencil Rebekha Raven
Gellato Purple
Wink of Stella
Tacky Glue
Double-sided Tape
Eiffel Scissors

Paint the Large Julie Nutting Tag with Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint: Metallique Soft Satin.  From the Prima 6x6 Paper pad cut a piece to use for the pocket on the large tag. Once the tag is dry adhere the Prima pocket with Double-sided Tape.

Use Stencil Rebekha Raven and Metalic Wax to add numbers at the top of the large tag. 
Use the same stencil and Metalic Wax to add a bird to t…