Skip to main content

Happy New Year!!!

I am honored to be the first to wish our blog followers a most Happy New Year!!!!!

I hope everyone had a very happy holiday and is ready for an inspired, art-filled New Year.

Today I have for you a little plan ahead project that will come in two parts.  Today is part one and in two weeks I will present part two.  For part 1 I have made a Valentines Day card.  This can be used to invite your sweetie to the dinner where part two will come into play.


So, let's begin...


First, I made a card out of this beautiful 12x12 card stock from Alteredpages.com.  There are so many papers to choose from and the stock is always fresh...you can find just a few of them here.  I sized the card appropriately to an envelope I had on hand and based the measurements on that.  I added an extra piece of scalloped edge craft paper to the inside after adding a bit of color with my Staz-on in purple.
Next, I planned out a window in my card for my romantic image that you can find here that I had, printed on vellum.  I just drew a light pencil line in the approximate size of the image and then cut that out using my craft knife.  
Here you can see the cutout and in the next pic you can see that I have attached the vellum image inside the card and added a bit of trim ...you can find an assortment of great trims and ribbons in the link.
In this picture below you can see the inside of my card where I used that scalloped edge paper.  I added a bit of  dimensional adhesives and used a scrap of the back side of my 12x12, fussy cut that and added some interest with my  Wink of Stella brush pen.  If you have seen some of my previous posts, you know this is a go to tool of mine...a hint of glitter with no mess.  I also used a cute little Love stamp from my stash to add a little extra something.
And, here you go...the final card.  Again, this is part 1 to a two part Valentine's Day romantic DIY.  I hope you come back and see part two, two weeks from today.
Take a look here for a little hint
Part two will coordinate seamlessly with this amazing assemblage form that has so many uses.   All papers, collage images and embellishments will work together...first with the invitation and part two with the table scape.  Please check back for the final look.

Thanks for stopping by and again, Happy New Year!
Stephanie Siatta

Supplies -
Valentine and Lace collage - printed on velum
Misc. Embellishments - ribbons and trims









Popular posts from this blog

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…

Rolling with my Gel Press

I love experimenting with different ways to create texture and interest on my Gel Press and for many years now I have turned to fun foam to help do this when monoprinting.  I love to team the fun foam with my dies to create my own stamps and texture plates.  I used this techniques for my prints in January that I shared here on the blog. There are lots of dies that have detail, meaning lots of scrap pieces which you can randomly stick onto cardboard giving you a stamp as well as using the actually die cut shape as a stamp.  Another idea is using them attached to a toilet roll to create a brayer like roller was shared at my local scrapbook store and on a video by Birgit Koopsen last year.  I love playing with this method. The toilet roll is slipped over a paint roller handle.


Here you can see some of my texture creations that I have on hand for my play today.

One texture I love is created using a piece of burlap ribbon, which I have stuck onto a toilet roll. My first layer above used th…

Pretty Little Trees of all colors

Make adorable ornaments or decor items.


YOU can make the most colorful trees to fit your style and home.  Surprise someone with a color coordinated gift too!
I did different techniques for dyeing the sisal trees from AlteredPages.  We have 3 inch and 4 inch sizes in natural cream color available.


# 1 Technique used simple food coloring.  Yep, just like dyeing Easter Eggs!

I used an empty glass jar filled with water and dropped about 4 to 5 of green food coloring in and stirred it well.   I then placed a tree in the water.  The sisal is just like jute, so it absorbs the color easily.   I allowed it to be submerged for a minute and took it out.  The first dipping was paler than I wanted, so back into the water!

I did the same with red food coloring and added blue to the green for an aqua, as above.   Depending on how many drops of color you add to the water and how long you leave them submerged will determine the intensity of color.  Pull them out of the water after 30 seconds and check for …