Today I have for you a quick upcycle
with big results!
Today's project began as an ornate ceramic frame.
The focal point of the frame was a 3x3 inch tumbled marble tile.
The tile originally had an old world, Tuscan style wine label on it.
It was beautiful, but it just did not match my decor any longer.
I adored the piece and could never part with it...so I gave it new life as Halloween decor. Technically, I can give it new life again and again with any theme collage images from Altered Pages.The frame itself is about a 11x11 inch square and is a couple inches deep. So it is a great size, not too big, not too small.
And, it looks great sitting on a thick wrought iron easle.
I first used water diluted Tacky glue to add a scrap of torn
vintage music sheet. I then aged the music sheet a tad more using sepia toned ink & my Ranger Blending Tool.
Next, I tore an image from the Ravens Take Flight collage sheet.
I inked the image with a couple shades of browns and pistacio inks again using the Ranger Blender. I inked the edges with my Stazon Cloudy Sky ink and I kept building that to the desired darkness.
I added it to the tile with the same diluted Tackly glue. I gave the whole tile a light coating of more Tacky glue to seal it all in and that was it. Simple, quick and I love the results.
Thanks for joining me!
Have a great weekend
and go make something SPOOKY!