Skip to main content

Tiny Tin of Love Notes



Hello Again!  
Today I have a little "mini art" project for you where I made three ready to go card focal points.  They are just a touch bigger than an ATC and are perfect for adhering to cardstock for a last minute card.  It could be for your Valentine, a birthday card or even a get well soon note.  I have also made a matching tin to keep them in. 

I began with the vintage flower seed packs collage sheet printed on heavy weight white card stock.  I then added a bit of white tissue using matte medium to knock the bright colors back just a bit. 

   
Next, I cut out several hearts from red cardstock.  I gave them a coat of crackle finish, let that dry for the cracks to form and then I added a bit of blue, green and white pearl acrylic paint.   These are the colors I wanted to basically pull from the seed packet images.  I left a little of the red showing as well. 
I then stamped a few heart images on red tissue and white tissue.   I tore the stamped images out and glued to my cards again using a matte medium.  You can also use Mod Podge or Tacky Glue.  
I bordered each card with acrylic paint just using my fingertip.  You can use any colors that match your project, black is always a safe color to choose as well for your edge border.  I have used black, pearl green and pearl white on my cards. 

Next,  I grabbed some vintage ledger paper and typed words and phrases that I knew would work for a number of projects.  These can be cut out, bordered in black and then adhered when ever and where ever I want. 
I also painted a few chipboard butterflies and gears.  
I thought the gears were perfect with our "Love Makes the World Go Round" theme for this month.  You can see in these next few pictures as I start to assemble that after the tissue hearts I added a small tag image to the center of each card as well.  This is from the Altered Tags collage sheet. The link for this is below.  I added a coat of Liquid Glass to the butterfly images to lift them off the page a bit.  It adds nice shine and dimension.  
 
 

And, now for the matching tin to keep them all together...


I hope you enjoyed my Tiny Tin of Love Notes mini art project.  Thanks for joining me! Remember to comment.
Feel free to share our blog with your crafty friends as well. 
Have a very happy Friday!
Steph S.


Supply list - 
Chocolate and Roses collage sheet
Black Rhinestones
Rhinestone Cup Chain
Paints & Inks
Giant Rhinestones - Love
Altered Tags - collage images
Vintage Flower Seed Packs - collage images
Tacky Glue
Chipboard Gears
Ribbons and Trims

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q