Welcome to the Altered Pages Blog and PRIMA
We are in full swing of projects showcasing Prima Marketing products. And, today I have for you a mixed media piece that will eventually be used as a card. This started with actual product packaging that some of my Prima flowers came in. This makes the perfect size for a large tag or card. Plus, you know reuse, repurpose and recycle!
I will try and keep it short and let the photos tell the story of the process. I will provide a supply list at the end of the post. IMPORTANT - make sure to comment on this post (and all posts this month) to be entered into a prize drawing for products from AlteredPages!!!!
The process started with my product package as mentioned above, gesso and torn pieces of vintage text.
Next, a bit more gesso then a few stamped images. Make sure to let your gesso fully dry before adding any ink or paint to it. I used my heat gun as I am impatient and don't want to wait for it to air dry.A bit more stamping...and you can see on the right side I began inking with sepia toned ink and a sponge. This gives it just the right soft aged look.
Next, I wanted the card to be a bit more substantial so I added a bigger base. This was from my stash and was already scalloped. I added gesso for texture. While the gesso was still wet I added torn bits of gold foiled tissue paper right into it. I then inked the edges with a sepia tone ink using a sponge. In this pic the left half is inked and the right is just tissue and gesso.
I attached the two together using my hot glue gun rather than double sided adhesive or glue. I wanted some dimension between the two and the glue gun is a very easy way to achieve that. You can see that I added a pretty little collage image as well. This is fussy cut from the Foreign Currency collage sheet and I just inked it a bit to age it.I added one of the beautiful paper flowers from Prima along with a bit of white ribbon.
I also added a little layer of shimmer matte medium. I hope you can see that in this photo. It just adds a little something when the light hits it.
I must apologize here...I had so much fun creating this that I forgot to snap a few pictures prior to this next one. You can see that I now have a cool steampunk feature added. This began as plain laser cut chipboard. I inked it in a muted blue and then added a layer of crystal embossing powder. I also added a few pieces of Mica circles to the center of three of the gears.
And, here we are...the finished vintage-y steampunk-ish card just ready for giving away.
Thanks for joining me. Be sure to leave a comment so you don't miss out on being entered into our prize giveaway. Check out AlteredPages.com for all your art and craft supply needs!
Have a great day!