Skip to main content

Dreamscape card


I have to say I am very very enchanted by Lost Coast Designs. So much so that I found an outlet in the UK where I could order them and have done so. I am so happy to be introduced to these beauties..... Thank you

I just want to thank Altered Pages for partnering another awesome company.:) I am a happy girl.

Now onto my project. I decided this time and unusually for me, to make a card. I wanted one that could be used for any occasion for male or female so here it is.

List of products used

Lost Coast Designs  Cityscape stamp
Cardstock - black and white
Corrugated card 
Water colour paints
Black ink 
Tissue paper
Glue to adhere tissue paper
Double sided tape
Foam mounts
Wink of Stella pen
decoupage glue
White pen
heart stamp and reality stamp are old ones from my stash.




I began by soaking the white card in water spray then added various, pinks, oranges and red water colour paints with a brush and merging together for a background. I dried with heat gun and then stamped the Lost Coast stamp onto a white piece of tissue (i usually save it from gift wrapping and recycle )  with black ink.

I painted a coat of decoupage glue on the surface of the painted card stock then placed  the tissue carefully on to the surface and smoothed out. I left to dry then trimmed off the excess tissue. I added another layer of decoupage as a coating to the top and dried again.





I mounted the stamped piece onto black card pre-cut to fit.  I added the sentiment and hearts with the black ink then added white dots with a white pen. It's hard to see but I also added twinkle to the buildings with the Wink of Stella brush. I used foam mounts for mounting it onto coloured corrugated card then added to the front of a white card. I hope you like it. I love the stamp and know I will use it often. Thanks for visiting and have a lovely week.


June Macfarlane



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q