Skip to main content

Flowers Just Bloom!

I recently saw a beautiful message on facebook inspired by flowers so thought that would make a perfect addition to my art journal and would be a beautiful message to share as my project this Month here at Altered Pages.  We often get stuck and limit our potential by comparing ourselves to others particularly as artists and this is a gentle reminder not to.


I decided I would use one of my flower Gel Prints from last month as my background.  The one I chose was the one where the flowers were least defined.  I started by adding paint around the edges of the page in my journal to match my print.  I saved and printed out the quote from Facebook on my ink jet printer. 





I used Electric Pink Radiant Neon Ink to Ink the edges of my printed quote and gel print.  I also punched flowers from flower embossed pink cardstock.  This was the same punched shape I used on my Gel Print.  I used the Ink and a favorite stamp - the Circles Background Stamp which I also had used on my print, on these flowers and around the edges of my page once I had stuck the Gel Print in my journal.  I also used some blue paint and the same stamp to blend the edges of the Gel Print more into the painted edges of my Journal Page.



I layered and stuck down the quote and flowers onto my print background, ensuring the petals of my punched flowers overlapped and went under my quote and added a sequin and dew drop to the flower on the left side.



If you are looking for art supplies be sure to browse the Altered Pages Store as there is always something new to find, from one off ephemera to staple supplies.  And with Mother's Day just around the corner be sure to add the special secret discount code 'MOMMY' when you check out.  So yes Mum's the word! xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q