Skip to main content

Inspirational Flip Book



Jen Rothstein here for Altered Pages...

I have an awesome inspirational Theresa Collins Flip Book for you.  I used all Altered Pages products, with the exception of the quotes.

I don't know about you, but when I need a little boost (like when you don't know how to use your new phone), I love to look at quote cards or a book like this with a little inspiration to help get me through.

The cool color now is green and I used a few different shades in this one.



Supplies you will need:

Theresa Collins Flip Book
Altered Pages green ATC collage sheet
http://alteredpages.com/Dew Drop Ink in Pistachio
Deco Mache paper in green roses
Theresa Collins borders (Past Present Future)
Joss Papers
Vintage Text Pages
Bazzill Edges Mini 6x5
adhesive
Ideas for what to put in the book include, but are not limited to:  Images, photos, quotes, journaling or maybe even ephemera from a trip!


All the awesome items I used!



I started by ripping images out of the Vintage Papers and gluing them on to the inside. I used the ink to roughly color around the edges on this page.

Here I used the Deco Pages in green roses, for a background, later I will embellish.

Used some of the Joss paper and one of the collage images to start this page

Here, after the glue dried, I embellished over the Deco Page paper with some collage images, text and some of the Teresa Collins borders.

Here is one of the sweet mini Bazzill 6 inch borders in a kraft brown color. I used the ink on top, just dabbing to give it a hint of the pistachio green color.



Another page(s) started, using vintage text background, joss paper on one side, Deco paper and a border on the other.





Here I am adding images to yet another page. I have used the vintage paper, collage images, Teresa Collins borders and my own printed quote.



More embellishing!


Here is a picture of the book, fully extended, you can see the front inside, back inside and the last page of the book.



Thank you for looking and I hope you make something like this book. It's really so much fun and easy to do. You can make it whatever you like, it's really versatile.

Jen Rothstein (Dog-Ma Studio) for Altered Pages.



Popular posts from this blog

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip  (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!)



Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and "Art Journal Stenci…

Rolling with my Gel Press

I love experimenting with different ways to create texture and interest on my Gel Press and for many years now I have turned to fun foam to help do this when monoprinting.  I love to team the fun foam with my dies to create my own stamps and texture plates.  I used this techniques for my prints in January that I shared here on the blog. There are lots of dies that have detail, meaning lots of scrap pieces which you can randomly stick onto cardboard giving you a stamp as well as using the actually die cut shape as a stamp.  Another idea is using them attached to a toilet roll to create a brayer like roller was shared at my local scrapbook store and on a video by Birgit Koopsen last year.  I love playing with this method. The toilet roll is slipped over a paint roller handle.


Here you can see some of my texture creations that I have on hand for my play today.

One texture I love is created using a piece of burlap ribbon, which I have stuck onto a toilet roll. My first layer above used th…

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…