Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holiday Texture Scene

I needed some good holiday fun in the studio and played with texture--my favorite of all design elements.


For some play amidst the holiday bustle, here are the ingredients to use:
Canvas
Art Anthology and Chalk Paints  
Dew Drops  
Pastes, Stickles, and Gold Leaf  
Wood Blocks  
Sisal Trees  

I painted the blocks and the chipboard with chalk paint.


I love the Art Anthology texture paints and covered a hardboard canvas with the Lime color.


After I slathered it on in thick lines, I used some bubble wrap to create more texture and a pattern.


I used a lot of paste and Stickles and gold leaf on the chipboard.


I used the Fiesta from Art Anthology on 3 sides of the block.


I removed the sisal trees from their bases and sprayed heavily with a gold spray.


I had a previous HOPE chipboard waiting on my studio table and incorporated it as well. I pressed the chipboard into the wet paint.


I decided dew drops were a good idea too.


The trees were adhered onto the blocks and placed in front of the canvas.


I had fun and I sure hope you have found time for some play in the midst of your holiday relaxation. Please share it with us.


Have a Happy Holiday Season and may the NewYear bring you unbounded creativity!!!
Ciao for now,
-Trish Alger



2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully amazing job. Love all the crazy texture. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of Art Anthology is the texture!

    ReplyDelete