Friday, October 28, 2016

TERROR-IFIC Altered Block

Today I am thinking outside of the box.... actually this box is an ART BLOCK, a box without an opening...  wooden blocks are  available at Altered Pages!  I  have covered my box with one of my favorite Halloween personalities... POE, the Edgar Allen Poe collage sheet used is available at Altered Pages!!!



 
This will be on my desk at work every year at Halloween!
 
 
 
Start by painting the block with Black Gesso, let dry!
 

Supplies:
Edgar Allen Poe collage sheet
wooden blocks
Black Gesso
Gel medium
All Hallows Eve pattern paper
Heart Dew Drop & Black Dew Drops
Other embellishments: bones,key, chess piece, skull  and raven.

 
Cut pieces of All Hallows Eve pattern paper to fit each side of the block.  Use gel medium to adhere them... add a layer of gel medium over the paper.
 

 
Set aside to dry, preferably over night.

 
Cut Poe images from the Edgar Allen Poe collage sheet and adhere with gel medium, apply a layer of gel medium over the images.  Let dry overnight.

 
Add all the embellishments to the top of the block: Heart Dew Drop & Black Dew Drops, bones,key, chess piece, skull  and raven.


 
You can see all four sides have a different image of Poe.

 
It is hard to see the raven in some of the pictures.... here is a good shot of him on the skull.

 
Hope you have a POE-rific DAY!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am completely captivated with your creation, Lyneen! Clever idea and beautiful execution - I would love to make one of these for my desk - if only I had the space for one more thing LOL. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thhi makes me think I better get busy making gifts like this....well done!!! Great inspiration for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful piece. It would make a great decoration for a shelf of mystery books, too.

    ReplyDelete