Friday, October 14, 2016

Gift box for your favorite mermaid

Hello my fellow crafty friends!  We are featuring boxes of all sorts this month at Altered Pages Artsociates.  Today I have a gift box for your favorite mermaid (or mermaid lover). 


 
Just a plain white gift box covered with gesso

 
I used a sponge brush to apply the paint instead of a traditional paint brush because I didn't want a smooth finish.

I chose a gelato that closely matched the paint just to give the edges definition.  I used my fingers to apply the gelatos.

After the brown, I added touches of gold and blue to give the paint more of a grungy feel.

Why use ribbon on a present when you can use lace?

Dew Drops bring the bubbles to life on this collage image
I added Stickles to the white highlights already on the mermaid's body and coral. 

A birthday greeting completes the design.





Supplies:
Dixie Bell Terra Cotta paint
Mermaid Muse Kit image - enlarged on a color copier
Altered Card Words image
Dew Drops
Stickles
Gold Opulence corner stickers
Lace or ribbon
Tacky Glue
Gel Medium
Gesso
Foam Dimensional Adhesive (for the words)

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous box, great idea for a present. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet way to give a gift, reusable and contiunues to be a reimnder of a good friend. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete