Skip to main content

TGIF, well that and ATC's!

You may have heard about the fun we are going to have making ATC's this month at Alteredpages.com.  What makes it really great is we would love for YOU to be a part of it too! 
We want to see your ATC original works!

Take a look at a couple pretty little ATC's I created and the supplies I used.  Then make sure to check out the details that follow on how you can participate and even win prizes!
I really wanted to make Collage Images  from Altered Pages the focal point for this project.  The MANY collage images they carry are one of the original reasons everyone LOVES Altered Pages.  They have thousands upon thousands of images for all type of projects.



Here I used a vintage ATC for my background, a large fussy cut sunflower printed on vellum and a beautiful Parisian dame.  I added a bit of green ribbon that I tied three little knots in just for some added dimension.  The mechanics of attaching the ribbon is hidden on the back by adding an ATC Back  for you to add your name and date.  All images were adhered using Aleene's Tacky Glue.

Be sure to sign your work.




This next ATC uses the Collage Background in Green as the base.  I then added a glass tile image, an Eiffel Tower printed on acetate and another French beauty.  I also added a bit more of that green ribbon to the top of the card. 
Hopefully, you can see in this image above that I came back in with a bit of silver Metallic Rubon pastel on just the beautiful skirt she is wearing to give it a little pop.  I love the creams and greens in these two ATC's.  They give just a little nod to Fall...my favorite!

 I hope you enjoyed.
~Stephanie
Supplies used -
Vintage ATC Collage Sheet
Collage Backgrounds Green
Glass Slide Paper Bits Collage
Eiffel Tower Collage
Fall Splendor Collage
Amazing Kai scissors
Ribbons & Trim
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Metallic Rubon Set

Now, the details on how YOU can participate as well...
Join us during September for ATC Awesomeness!  

Prizes include papers, stamps, art pencils and more!  Prizes will be given weekly by random drawing to one lucky person.  You simply send a photo of your ATC creation*, we will add it to the blog.  You can submit any day of the week.  Each Sunday a prize will be displayed on the Blog.  The following Sunday a prize will be awarded.  You can submit up to three photos each week.  It's not mandatory, but we would really like for you to incorporate AlteredPages products with your ATCs.

*Send your ATC photos one of two ways

Email to:   Artsociates@gmail.com
Post on Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/AlteredPagesArtsociates/
Very important to ADD hashtag
#SeptemberATC  so we know you want to be entered in the prize drawing.
 Thanks for joining us and we hope you play along! 

Popular posts from this blog

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip  (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!)



Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and "Art Journal Stenci…

Rolling with my Gel Press

I love experimenting with different ways to create texture and interest on my Gel Press and for many years now I have turned to fun foam to help do this when monoprinting.  I love to team the fun foam with my dies to create my own stamps and texture plates.  I used this techniques for my prints in January that I shared here on the blog. There are lots of dies that have detail, meaning lots of scrap pieces which you can randomly stick onto cardboard giving you a stamp as well as using the actually die cut shape as a stamp.  Another idea is using them attached to a toilet roll to create a brayer like roller was shared at my local scrapbook store and on a video by Birgit Koopsen last year.  I love playing with this method. The toilet roll is slipped over a paint roller handle.


Here you can see some of my texture creations that I have on hand for my play today.

One texture I love is created using a piece of burlap ribbon, which I have stuck onto a toilet roll. My first layer above used th…

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…