Skip to main content

Part II of Journal Page into a Card


Welcome to the Altered Pages  Blog today. 
We are in the final days of our collaboration between the Altered Pages Design Team and Rubber Stamp Depot.  Can I just tell you that I had a lot of fun incorporating the  deeply etched red rubber stamps  into my projects this month.  Here is a sneak peak...
Today's post is part II of a journal page turned Birthday card
(original journal page pictured below) and the part I post can be found here.
I will be honest...I loved the journal page so much that it was hard to chop it in half, but I am very pleased with the end result and it is for a most wonderful person, my Gram who turns 86 this June!  So, this card just had to be beautiful.  Plus, she LOVES butterflies! 

Okay, on with the show...
I started by creating the actual card using a cream colored sheet of card stock and folded it in half.
I inked the edges of the front of the card using Stazon Midi  in Gothic Purple and Spiced Chai.   
Next, I grabbed the Circles Background Stamp , Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder  and created a little embossed edge on the right side of the card.
   
I then attached the portion of the original journal page that I tore from my journal and inked the edges.  I left justified this piece to show off the gold embossing.
 
Now, it was on to the inside of the card.
I began this step by lightly and randomly stamping the entire page with Delicata Ink Pad - gold.
I then grabbed another page from my Dylusions Journal that I previously used to off load my brayer when working with my Gelli Plate  as mentioned in part I.  This was made with pale blue and gold metallic acrylic paint.  I added the Circles Background Stamp using Stazon Midi in Spiced Chai .
This same stamp was used in the journal page so I wanted to repeat it on the inside of the card.  I then tore a section to fit on the main inside page of the card and attached it using double sided adhesive tape.
Next, I used another section of the pale blue background, stamped Happy Birthday with Versamark and embossed it in gold.  I hand tore that section out, inked the edges and adhered it with double sided tape .  I added one of the butterfly images used in the original journal page to keep everything tied together. 
And, here you have the completed inside of the card. 
I love how the blue ties in with butterflies flying in the blue sky.
Here is the final piece. 
I am pretty pleased I must say and can't wait to send it off
to one of my most favorite people! 

Thanks for hanging out with me today.  I hope you found some inspiration here.  Thanks to Rubber Stamp Depot for supplying the great stamps this month!  Please be sure to check out all the amazing supplies at Alteredpages.com .  I created a supply list below of what was used for this project.
Talk to you soon....Steph S.

Supply List -
VersaMark
Happy Birthday Stamp

Comments

  1. Beautiful card♥ Your Grand Mother will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q