Skip to main content

Part II of Journal Page into a Card


Welcome to the Altered Pages  Blog today. 
We are in the final days of our collaboration between the Altered Pages Design Team and Rubber Stamp Depot.  Can I just tell you that I had a lot of fun incorporating the  deeply etched red rubber stamps  into my projects this month.  Here is a sneak peak...
Today's post is part II of a journal page turned Birthday card
(original journal page pictured below) and the part I post can be found here.
I will be honest...I loved the journal page so much that it was hard to chop it in half, but I am very pleased with the end result and it is for a most wonderful person, my Gram who turns 86 this June!  So, this card just had to be beautiful.  Plus, she LOVES butterflies! 

Okay, on with the show...
I started by creating the actual card using a cream colored sheet of card stock and folded it in half.
I inked the edges of the front of the card using Stazon Midi  in Gothic Purple and Spiced Chai.   
Next, I grabbed the Circles Background Stamp , Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder  and created a little embossed edge on the right side of the card.
   
I then attached the portion of the original journal page that I tore from my journal and inked the edges.  I left justified this piece to show off the gold embossing.
 
Now, it was on to the inside of the card.
I began this step by lightly and randomly stamping the entire page with Delicata Ink Pad - gold.
I then grabbed another page from my Dylusions Journal that I previously used to off load my brayer when working with my Gelli Plate  as mentioned in part I.  This was made with pale blue and gold metallic acrylic paint.  I added the Circles Background Stamp using Stazon Midi in Spiced Chai .
This same stamp was used in the journal page so I wanted to repeat it on the inside of the card.  I then tore a section to fit on the main inside page of the card and attached it using double sided adhesive tape.
Next, I used another section of the pale blue background, stamped Happy Birthday with Versamark and embossed it in gold.  I hand tore that section out, inked the edges and adhered it with double sided tape .  I added one of the butterfly images used in the original journal page to keep everything tied together. 
And, here you have the completed inside of the card. 
I love how the blue ties in with butterflies flying in the blue sky.
Here is the final piece. 
I am pretty pleased I must say and can't wait to send it off
to one of my most favorite people! 

Thanks for hanging out with me today.  I hope you found some inspiration here.  Thanks to Rubber Stamp Depot for supplying the great stamps this month!  Please be sure to check out all the amazing supplies at Alteredpages.com .  I created a supply list below of what was used for this project.
Talk to you soon....Steph S.

Supply List -
VersaMark
Happy Birthday Stamp

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…

Rolling with my Gel Press

I love experimenting with different ways to create texture and interest on my Gel Press and for many years now I have turned to fun foam to help do this when monoprinting.  I love to team the fun foam with my dies to create my own stamps and texture plates.  I used this techniques for my prints in January that I shared here on the blog. There are lots of dies that have detail, meaning lots of scrap pieces which you can randomly stick onto cardboard giving you a stamp as well as using the actually die cut shape as a stamp.  Another idea is using them attached to a toilet roll to create a brayer like roller was shared at my local scrapbook store and on a video by Birgit Koopsen last year.  I love playing with this method. The toilet roll is slipped over a paint roller handle.


Here you can see some of my texture creations that I have on hand for my play today.

One texture I love is created using a piece of burlap ribbon, which I have stuck onto a toilet roll. My first layer above used th…

Pretty Little Trees of all colors

Make adorable ornaments or decor items.


YOU can make the most colorful trees to fit your style and home.  Surprise someone with a color coordinated gift too!
I did different techniques for dyeing the sisal trees from AlteredPages.  We have 3 inch and 4 inch sizes in natural cream color available.


# 1 Technique used simple food coloring.  Yep, just like dyeing Easter Eggs!

I used an empty glass jar filled with water and dropped about 4 to 5 of green food coloring in and stirred it well.   I then placed a tree in the water.  The sisal is just like jute, so it absorbs the color easily.   I allowed it to be submerged for a minute and took it out.  The first dipping was paler than I wanted, so back into the water!

I did the same with red food coloring and added blue to the green for an aqua, as above.   Depending on how many drops of color you add to the water and how long you leave them submerged will determine the intensity of color.  Pull them out of the water after 30 seconds and check for …