Skip to main content

Mariachi Scrapbook Page

May the Fiesta last all year long!! 
What does a combination of Sabor papers, an adorable Mariachi skeleton stamp, a cute set of mariachi kiddos, and tons of mixed media texture add up to? My favorite scrap page yet!





Now, how festive and cute-as-a-button is this?!

Here is my abbreviated supply list:
Sabor Papel -assorted scraps
-trim, embossing powder, flowers, leaves, mini clothespin, etc...
Paper  
Paints  
That's just the beginning of what you can use. Destash people!

I grabbed a textured 12x12 paper that was handy. I gessoed over for a great surface to work on. It cuts down on warping.


I mixed my inks, chose some sprays and I was off and crafting.


I needed a few layers of texture as my foundation. Scrape the mediums through stencils.  Love to use black gesso as a texture.


Color and more color.




If you spritz some water first, then the colors "bloom", and the edges soften and blend in.

The layers of color just keep coming.


Change up your layers. Inks, some paints, then glazes, repeat.



Texture for miles! (Okay that's an exaggeration). 
I used the circle stamp with white paint.


Dimensional paints, pencils, and markers. Even oil pastels on last.


Scattered dots continue to unify the circular design pattern.



Set it aside to completely dry.  Using strips and scraps of Sabor create a couple of banners. Top with some trim.



My friend, Melissa, shared her Mariachi kiddos with me. So stinkin' cute! 
I adhered the photo to a piece of chipboard then trimmed it.



Use pop dots on the back of the photo and banners, it will raise it above the textured surface.



Next up are the Skelly Mariachis. Embossed and watercolored, then fussy-cut.




 I used pop dots on them as well.



Let's assemble the rest. A tissue flower with Stickles and pom pom trim over silk leaves.



I clipped a word from the vintage image sheet, covered it in glaze, and used a mini clothespin to hold it in place.



What a colorful memento to gift a friend.




I am having a personal scrapbooking revival! This festive page was just the process to rev me up. Come on! Scrap along with us. The amazing-est Design Team is working hard to bring you inspiration. Please let us know you were here and what projects you are working on.

Ciao for now,
-Trish Alger








Comments

  1. I am wildly in love with this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Jean! I'm kinda partial to it myself! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…

Pretty Little Trees of all colors

Make adorable ornaments or decor items.


YOU can make the most colorful trees to fit your style and home.  Surprise someone with a color coordinated gift too!
I did different techniques for dyeing the sisal trees from AlteredPages.  We have 3 inch and 4 inch sizes in natural cream color available.


# 1 Technique used simple food coloring.  Yep, just like dyeing Easter Eggs!

I used an empty glass jar filled with water and dropped about 4 to 5 of green food coloring in and stirred it well.   I then placed a tree in the water.  The sisal is just like jute, so it absorbs the color easily.   I allowed it to be submerged for a minute and took it out.  The first dipping was paler than I wanted, so back into the water!

I did the same with red food coloring and added blue to the green for an aqua, as above.   Depending on how many drops of color you add to the water and how long you leave them submerged will determine the intensity of color.  Pull them out of the water after 30 seconds and check for …

Ornament Gift Box by Debi Tullier

Gift Box This turned out to be a fun project. I seriously wasn't sure it would work when I started and challenged myself to make it happen! Now I am so happy I did!


Here are my supplies:
Cheese Box on hand
Aleene’s tacky glue
Gesso 
Glass Glitter 
Dixie Bell Paints
Punchinella
Fluff Dixie Belle Paint
Metallic Ribbon (on Hand)
assorted brushes
Plastic Ornament
Molding paste
Collage Sheets:
Christmas Tweets
ATCs Christmas








Join me next month! Happy Thanksgiving!