Skip to main content

Prince Charming is just one kiss away...

Hi, Stephanie here and I have a fun spring project for you and I am using a "charming" little stamp from Faerie Song Art Stamps as my focal point as well as other goodies from Altered Pages !  I will include a supply list at the bottom of this post for your convenience.

We have all heard the tales of kissing a frog in hopes of meeting Prince Charming, right?  Well, your Prince is here....sort of.  

 
I began with cutting a circle out of a piece of heavy cardstock using the glass cloche as my template.   This would ultimately be the base of my design that most everything gets glued on to. 
 
Next, I created the toad stool for my little Prince to perch upon.  

  
 
I did this using the cardboard toilet paper role, cut to a smaller height and diameter.  I included a typical Bic pen in the image above for size reference.   I then covered it with vintage text page.  I made the top of the stool with a bunched up piece of paper molded into a "mushroom" shape also covered with vintage text paper. 

 
Next,  I worked on the base of the cloche.  I covered the circle that I had previously cut out, with vintage music sheet.  I then added two shades of green tulle to create the garden floor.  I then began adding all the fun goodies.  Some of this was from the one of a kind goodies from Altered Pages and some from my stash. 

 
Next, I stamped my frog image using VersaMark clear ink and black embossing powder.  I then colored him with my water brushes using a few shades of green and yellow Gelatos.  I used red Gelato for the rose and my Silver nib Wink of Stella pen for his crown. 

 
I then added some paper flowers and leaves along with some extra garden fun in the way of teeny tiny terra cotta pots, bunnies and a little river rock for the bunnies to rest on. 

 
Add, the cloche over the top and there you have it.  A fun size  (top to bottom only about 6 or 7 inches)  garden faerie Prince Charming. 

 
I hope you enjoyed.  Please let me know you were here by leaving a quick comment. 
Make sure you stop by our generous sponsors to see all that they offer!
 
Have a GREAT weekend!
Stephanie
 
Supply list -

Frog Prince Stamp
Vintage Text Pages
Gelatos
Water Brushes
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
Adhesive tape
Paper Flowers


Comments

  1. WOW! I adore this project. This little guy is so perfect in his surroundings. And I love how you used little bits from your stash, who knew that those tiny pots would be so perfect!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so cool! Love that mushroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable. Yep, I'd definitely kiss this frog!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, he is adorable, and I love his surroundings!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is THAT? What a great piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie! Just too adorable!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q