Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Don't go breaking my heart!

Hi Everyone,

Jess here with an altered library pocket for you.



I lined the inside part of the pocket with a page from an old bookk.  Once my page was glued down I started to add on acrylic paint with a dry paintbrush.  The photos make the paint look all brown, but it is a lovely shimmery copper color.  


  I stenciled on a few designs using a permanent ink.


I also added bits of washi tape and marker splatters.  


I set this part aside to work on the outside of the pocket.  


I used a piece of scrap paper to cover the front and I sanded the edges. 


I used a sentiment from the Valentine's of Youth collage sheet.  I snipped it in half, inked it, and scribbled a black line around the edge.  I used the reverse side of the paper I covered the pocket with to back the sentiment.  A little bit of ricrac finished the front.


This lovely lady is from a Glitz paper pack.  I glittered the big heart and let it dry.  I took a small heart embellishment and colored it red using alcohol ink to add to her crown.


I added her to the inside pocket


There she is the Queen of Hearts.  


You can see I snuck in a tiny bit of red punchinella after I thought I was done! This is why I love mixed media, you can just keep layering and adding.  



Happy crafting!
Jess








9 comments:

  1. adorable card - sweet image - terrific Valentine to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you took the humble library card holder and turned it into a fabulous memento! Truly lovely and a wonderful gift to receive. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, so an adorable library pocket! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layers and I can see the coppery color. Striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is fantastic! What a beautiful surprise would she be when giving books to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lovely, and I really love all the layers and glitter and coppery finish. Oooh la la.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project. I find myself saying this a lot, but it is just the truth...I love the beautiful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a very "original" crafty person, but this seems to me like I could copy the idea and tweek it to make it my own. Great step by step and usage of cool products.

    ReplyDelete