Skip to main content

Shiny Sisal Christmas

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Most Joyful Season of Love and Peace..

Hello Everyone, Jean Moore here.

I could not allow December to go by without an ornament creation.



Cookie cutters are not really used at my house for cutting cookies, rather for so many other things!   Depending on the Holiday, it could be a shamrock, a bunny, a star or tree.   Today I offer a Christmas Tree inside a Christmas Tree.

Supplies needed are;
Metal cookie cutters
Music Sheets
Glitter
Glues
Sisal mini Trees
Twine or ribbon
scissors and/or a cutting tool
paint brush
Dremel tool or sharp nail & small hammer



My main focus was to make these as hostess gifts I will give at parties and events of the season.  

First step is to punch or drill a hole in the top of the cookie cutter (ornament) to allow it to hang.    If you cannot do this, you can simply thread ribbon through the top portion and tie into a loop.

I measured & cut strips of Vintage Music sheets for the outside of the ornament.   I used Aleens tacky glue to place the paper onto the form.  I did this in two pieces so that the music was upright all around. While the glue is wet, simply make sure it is fully fitted to the shape.  Allow to dry as you move to the next cookie cutter.  


I wanted dimension and interest, so for this one, I used Delicata INKPAD (again I use things for many other purposes) to color the paper to highlight the shape.



After inking, I lightly brushed some Aleens glue onto some spots so that I could apply glitter for more bling!



Below is the twine threaded through the hole you drilled or punched into the top of the cutter.  (If you punch the hole, do so from the inside with the tree on it's top and punch outward. You can use an old piece of wood or foam to protect your worktop. Then sand the edges so no one gets cut)   Just tie a knot into the twine and allow it to fit under the cutters top edge creating a hanger.




And then for the finished product.   A snowflake, angel or candy cane could be so cute too.   


Thanks for stopping by today.   Everyone at AlteredPages wishes you and your dear ones the most Merry Christmas. We also send good wishes for the Happiest 2016 filled with good friends, good health and much success!

Warmest regards,
Jean



  






Comments

  1. This is so cute and easy to do.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so adorable - are sisal trees the same thing as bottle brush trees?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGH SO CUTE LOVE IT ,than you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…

Pretty Little Trees of all colors

Make adorable ornaments or decor items.


YOU can make the most colorful trees to fit your style and home.  Surprise someone with a color coordinated gift too!
I did different techniques for dyeing the sisal trees from AlteredPages.  We have 3 inch and 4 inch sizes in natural cream color available.


# 1 Technique used simple food coloring.  Yep, just like dyeing Easter Eggs!

I used an empty glass jar filled with water and dropped about 4 to 5 of green food coloring in and stirred it well.   I then placed a tree in the water.  The sisal is just like jute, so it absorbs the color easily.   I allowed it to be submerged for a minute and took it out.  The first dipping was paler than I wanted, so back into the water!

I did the same with red food coloring and added blue to the green for an aqua, as above.   Depending on how many drops of color you add to the water and how long you leave them submerged will determine the intensity of color.  Pull them out of the water after 30 seconds and check for …

Ornament Gift Box by Debi Tullier

Gift Box This turned out to be a fun project. I seriously wasn't sure it would work when I started and challenged myself to make it happen! Now I am so happy I did!


Here are my supplies:
Cheese Box on hand
Aleene’s tacky glue
Gesso 
Glass Glitter 
Dixie Bell Paints
Punchinella
Fluff Dixie Belle Paint
Metallic Ribbon (on Hand)
assorted brushes
Plastic Ornament
Molding paste
Collage Sheets:
Christmas Tweets
ATCs Christmas








Join me next month! Happy Thanksgiving!