Skip to main content

Christmas Wine Charms

Hi Everyone I hope you are all prepared and ready for Christmas and any Guests who may be arriving to celebrate with you.  Today I am sharing a very simple and quick and easy idea to take some of the stress out of your day, by allowing everyone to easily identify their wine glass. After all you don't want your guests fighting over who's drink it is.




Supplies Needed:

  • Bottlecap Images
  • 1 inch Circle Punch or Die
  • Split Rings
  • Hinged Rings
  • Glue
  • Ink
  • Embossing Powder
  • Ribbons/Beads/Embellishments of your choice if desired
  • Glitter Pen

This is perfect for any other time of the year too, obviously you would just change the images used to suit.



Altered Pages have a selection of bottle cap, or circle images to choose from for various occasions. Today I am going with a Santa Theme and using the Christmas Bottle Cap Collage Sheet which I think Jean shared with everyone over in the Art Associates Facebook Group a few days ago.  Other ideas would be to use scrabble tiles for the initials of each person coming to your dinner and adorn them with a touch of holly.

I printed these out and then taking my 1 inch circle punch punched out a selection of Santas from this sheet.  I then took some kraft cardstock and a 1 inch circle quilters die that I own and punched out six circles to mount my images onto for a little more sturdiness. I took a Red Ink Pad and colored the backs of these cardstock circles before dipping them into some clear embossing powder.

Once embossed I glued them onto the backs of my punched Santa Images and allowed them to dry.

I then simply take a small hole punch to punch a hole, added a split ring and then attached this to a Hinged Ring these ones I had on hand, but you can buy all sorts of rings suitable for this, which allows your charms to be easy placed around the neck of the wine glass.



For a little Christmas Magic you can add a touch of glitter to the outer edge of your charm and the back of your charm using a Glitter Liner or Pen like the Wink of Stella sold in the Altered Pages Store.  You could also decorate further by adding some beads or ribbon to the rings holding your charms.

Apart from adding Bottlecap images to your usual papercrafting projects and bottlecaps, they are also great for buttons/charms, used for necklace pendants, bracelet charms, the centers of flowers and bows just to name a few ideas.  So be sure to check out the assortment of images on the Altered Pages Website.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe New Year!

Danie xx

P.S don't forget to pop back again this month to see more of the wonderful creations by our talented team using Activa Products.



Popular posts from this blog

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…

Pretty Little Trees of all colors

Make adorable ornaments or decor items.


YOU can make the most colorful trees to fit your style and home.  Surprise someone with a color coordinated gift too!
I did different techniques for dyeing the sisal trees from AlteredPages.  We have 3 inch and 4 inch sizes in natural cream color available.


# 1 Technique used simple food coloring.  Yep, just like dyeing Easter Eggs!

I used an empty glass jar filled with water and dropped about 4 to 5 of green food coloring in and stirred it well.   I then placed a tree in the water.  The sisal is just like jute, so it absorbs the color easily.   I allowed it to be submerged for a minute and took it out.  The first dipping was paler than I wanted, so back into the water!

I did the same with red food coloring and added blue to the green for an aqua, as above.   Depending on how many drops of color you add to the water and how long you leave them submerged will determine the intensity of color.  Pull them out of the water after 30 seconds and check for …

Ornament Gift Box by Debi Tullier

Gift Box This turned out to be a fun project. I seriously wasn't sure it would work when I started and challenged myself to make it happen! Now I am so happy I did!


Here are my supplies:
Cheese Box on hand
Aleene’s tacky glue
Gesso 
Glass Glitter 
Dixie Bell Paints
Punchinella
Fluff Dixie Belle Paint
Metallic Ribbon (on Hand)
assorted brushes
Plastic Ornament
Molding paste
Collage Sheets:
Christmas Tweets
ATCs Christmas








Join me next month! Happy Thanksgiving!