Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Spooning up some holiday fun!

Hi Everyone,
I've got some altered spoons for you today!


They will make the cutest ornaments for your tree or a great tag on top of a gift. Start with your wooden spoon and cover it with a color spray.

They dry really fast or you can speed up the drying time with your heat gun.  I let mine air dry while I fussy cut my images. Once they were dry I used a small snowflake stamp and randomly stamped all over the spoon.

For my first spoon I used multiple images from the Mini Santa collage sheet. I cut them to fit into small oval frames.
I then attached all the images to my seam binding that I dyed using my sprays.  
I used foam tape to mount the last image onto my spoon.

I wrapped twine around the handle and added some berries and a star.  The head pin is decorated with a plastic bead I colored with alcohol ink.  It's a metallic bead and the alcohol ink will color it and if you roll it around enough it removes some of the color making it appear to be vintage.  

I poked a hole in the top of the spoon using my scissors.  The spoons are very thin and easy to poke.  I used more seam binding  and a lampwork Santa bead finishes it off. 




The second spoon was done in a similar fashion, but I had this one stand up.  

The snow is a mixture of gesso and mica flakes.  The Snowman image is fussy cut from an awesome collage sheet.  

He got some Stickles on his wreath and a tiny candy cane too.  A lampwork Snowman bead and Happy Holidays charm complete this spoon.  

Hope your holiday crafting is in full swing!











4 comments:

  1. The wooden spoons are so adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some wooden spoons that I have had forever. Thanks for giving inspiration on what to do with them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is brilliant and I must try it! xo

    ReplyDelete