Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tweet bags

Hi Everyone,
Jess here with a quick wrapping project that you can customize for any occasion.  You will soon discover I have a thing for anything with wings- birds, fairies, butterflies, you name it.  I figured there is no better way to kick off my posts than with a bird project.

 
I started with a 7X5 inch white craft bag and some doilies.

 I folded the doilies in half and wrapped them around the bag.  I played with different size and colors until I came up with a combination that would work with my image. Once I made my decision I used my double sided tape to adhere them to the bag.
 

I chose the hummingbird image from the Altered Pages Birds with Hats Collage sheet.  How can you not love a bird wearing a crown?! I cut out one full image and then trimmed just the butterfly on the crown out of a second image.  All of the images were inked around the edges to hide the white paper they are printed on.


I used a tiny strip of the double sided tape to attach the butterfly to the main image.  I added gold dew drops for extra bling on the crown.

The little bird was placed on top of the doilies using clear mounting squares.

I punched two holes in the top of the bag using a standard size hole punch and wound tulle through them.

I then dug into my Christmas stash for some tiny vintage glass ornaments.

The colors perfectly mimic the colors on the bird.  I threaded the twine through the tulle and then strung the ornaments onto the twine.

The final step was to stamp my sentiment.  I didn't have a gift in mind when creating this so I thought I would leave the sentiment generic enough that it could work for multiple occasions.


I have now made several of these bags in multiple sizes.  I will have them posted on my blog so you can see how easily they work up and come back here to refer to the tutorial.



I hope you enjoyed my first post for the Altered Pages team! I cannot wait to create and share with all of you.
Jess

7 comments: