Skip to main content

My Favorite Place in Fall

It's Jean here and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic knowing that Fall is coming.

Even though it's still hot in Arizona we can feel the changes coming.  The sun is shifting in the sky and the mornings are just a bit cooler.


Truth be told, it is difficult to find a place more beautiful in Fall than Pennsylvania.  The lush rolling hills become carpets of gold, red and amber mixed into green and brown backgrounds.   Crunching leaves are underfoot, apple cider is served, the sky becomes crystal blue with a bright sun.

Not only the colors, but the textures of fall are lovely.  Hay bales, burlap and corn husks lay a backdrop for decor.  
  

I created a piece for today's post that reminds me of Fall days in Pennsylvania, my home state.   

I used our fabulous adhesive sheets on which I printed AP collage #1951 Fall Splendor using an inkjet printer.   For one example I used the Adhesive Transparency Sheet and on another candle I used an Adhesive Vellum Sheet.    One gives a clear finish, the other a smoky or etched look.   It is easy to make personalized gifts or items for your own home with these specialty papers.  You can create wonderful personalized wedding or shower items.


The good old dollar store candles always come in handy, especially for Holidays and entertaining.   I have them for most every occasion, indoors and out.  They stay lit outdoors which I really like.  

I also incorporated our fantastic Burlap and Jute ribbon to set off the rustic Fall mood.   I adore my Kai Scissors, short blades and wide holes make it comfortable to cut.  I have two pair, one for fabric one for paper.   I have had them for 4+ years and never have needed sharpened!




To apply the burlap I used double side tape (you can use Aleens glue).  I also used glue to attach the jute ribbon.   Not letting anything go to waste, I added a bow made from the burlap strings I pulled when cutting it.




THANKS for joining me today!   
Make sure to do one kind thing.

I sure hope this inspires you to take a look around our website.  We have so many items you may not have seen! 

COMMENT EACH DAY FOR OUR RANDOM DRAWING AT THE END OF  AUGUST.   VINTAGE POSTCARDS AND A VINTAGE MAP WILL BE AWARDED TO SOMEONE - IT COULD BE YOU.


ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS - COUPONS, PRODUCT ALERTS AND SURPRISES!   

MAKE SURE TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

SEE US ON PINTEREST 

AND YOUTUBE 





Popular posts from this blog

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…

Rolling with my Gel Press

I love experimenting with different ways to create texture and interest on my Gel Press and for many years now I have turned to fun foam to help do this when monoprinting.  I love to team the fun foam with my dies to create my own stamps and texture plates.  I used this techniques for my prints in January that I shared here on the blog. There are lots of dies that have detail, meaning lots of scrap pieces which you can randomly stick onto cardboard giving you a stamp as well as using the actually die cut shape as a stamp.  Another idea is using them attached to a toilet roll to create a brayer like roller was shared at my local scrapbook store and on a video by Birgit Koopsen last year.  I love playing with this method. The toilet roll is slipped over a paint roller handle.


Here you can see some of my texture creations that I have on hand for my play today.

One texture I love is created using a piece of burlap ribbon, which I have stuck onto a toilet roll. My first layer above used th…

Pretty Little Trees of all colors

Make adorable ornaments or decor items.


YOU can make the most colorful trees to fit your style and home.  Surprise someone with a color coordinated gift too!
I did different techniques for dyeing the sisal trees from AlteredPages.  We have 3 inch and 4 inch sizes in natural cream color available.


# 1 Technique used simple food coloring.  Yep, just like dyeing Easter Eggs!

I used an empty glass jar filled with water and dropped about 4 to 5 of green food coloring in and stirred it well.   I then placed a tree in the water.  The sisal is just like jute, so it absorbs the color easily.   I allowed it to be submerged for a minute and took it out.  The first dipping was paler than I wanted, so back into the water!

I did the same with red food coloring and added blue to the green for an aqua, as above.   Depending on how many drops of color you add to the water and how long you leave them submerged will determine the intensity of color.  Pull them out of the water after 30 seconds and check for …