Skip to main content

Getting Ahead of the Game and Falling for Fall!

Welcome to a new month here at Altered Pages.  

Steph here and this July we at Altered Pages are Falling for Fall.  With these warm summer temps we thought we could remind you of the cool Fall days to come and in addition maybe give you a few ideas for getting a head start on your Fall or Halloween creations.

In today's post I am gearing up for those little gifties I will need for teachers, hostess gifts, etc.  I have for you today a cute little altered treat bag.  
I used a tiny cardboard (you put it together) type of gift bag in white.  I actually worked on it prior to folding it into shape...much easier to work on the flat surface.   I used an adorable vintage collage image, chevron washi tape, gold stickers and old text pages.  I also inked the handles, added a bit of copper Stickles and a few blingy embellishments to dress up this plain little baggy. 
 
 
You can see in this picture below there is a deco'ed little paper clip.  This was easy as pie to make.  Just a little washi tape folded over on itself and wrapped around the paperclip and that's it.  Easy and cute...I love it!  I also attached a couple little strips of faux rhinestone trim on either side of my image.
 
 
In this pic below is the back of the bag.  I first covered the area with a bit of old text page.  I then used an image from a scrap of Graphic 45 paper I had left over from last year.  Never waste any scraps, right!  I added a little rhinestone to the center of the "clock" and gold gilded sticklers in each corner.  I also inked the edges with black to age it a bit.
 
 

In this pic above is what each of the smaller sides look like...matching Graphic 45 images easily attached with my double sided tape.
 
I hope you enjoyed my tiny little treat bag.  It is the perfect size for trading ATC's or you can fill it with some sweets for your sweetheart.  Either way this was fast to create, cute to look at and it holds tiny little treasures.  I WILL be making more of these to have on hand for sure!


Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment and make sure to follow the blog all month long as we Fall for Fall.  
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a lovely 4th of July weekend and stay safe. 
~Stephanie
 

 
 Supplies Used -
Halloween Horribles collage sheet
Graphic 45 Halloween Papers
ZIG 2 Way Glue Pen
Double Side Tape Roll
Washi Tapes
Gold Opulence Stickers
Stickles in copper
Vintage Text Pages

These two links are to items not used in this project, but HOW CUTE?!? I wish I had some on hand.  I guess I better place an order!
 Halloween collage category
 Adorable Skull Ribbon

Comments

  1. Love the idea and the finishes project. very useful anf wonderfully arty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, and I love the little tape addition to the paperclip. Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Halloween ideas. It's time to start planning my Halloween cards. I love Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q