Skip to main content

A Day at the Beach Mini Album

Hi everyone! It's me, Tonya and I am here to share a mini journal I created for an upcoming trip to the beach. I wanted something that was small and wouldn't take up much space and that I could use my Instax printer to print off 2"x3" photos. 


You will need a 6"x9" clasp envelope as the base or cover for your mini album. I removed the reinforcement around the hole and the clasp.


I used a page from the Vintage Text Pages packBefore Bikinis collage sheet,  1821D Vintage Words collage sheet, 235 Summer Words collage sheet, Uncharted Waters 8"x8" Glitz Paper Pad which I used thru out the mini along with Security Paper to create the outside cover and inside pages.


I measured the spine of the mini and found the center which I then punched a tiny hole. Then I cut 10 inches of 3mm elastic trim, folded in half and run thru and tie off on the inside cover.


Next I measure an inch in on one end and a inch and a half on the other end of the cover and again punch tiny holes in the cover.


I cut a variety of cardstock from the Uncharted Waters 8"x8" Glitz Paper PadSecurity Paper and added envelopes to hold memorabilia in. I punched holes in all the pages and envelopes, stitched everything together.


I tied everything off. Originally I was going to leave it as a bow, but decided not to.


Side view of the mini closed.


There you have it a quick and simple mini album ready to take with me to the beach so I can document all the fun in the sun I plan on having. If you have any questions about this project please let me know. Also be sure to check out Altered Pages and see what supplies and goodies they have.


Supplies Used:

Altered Pages:Vintage Text Pages packBefore Bikinis collage sheet,  1821D Vintage Words collage sheet, 235 Summer Words collage sheet, Uncharted Waters 8"x8" Glitz Paper Pad, Security Paper 
Other Supplies: 6"x9" Clasp Envelope, 3mm Elastic, Mini Hole Punch, Needle and Thread

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is wonderful and enjoy creating! 
 
 
 
 
Now for our April GIVEAWAY
 
 
 
NOW for our giveaway! Stencil 1 will provide a FAB stencil and Altered Pages will provide a package of tools! SHARE the Altered Pages blog posts daily on YOUR Facebook page for the monthly random drawing. Include ‪#‎alteredpages‬ in your post. Drawing on May 1, 2015. Do it daily!!!  The more you share more chances to win!
 

Comments

  1. Look at all that real estate to fill. Great job on this. I love the cover print. BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, this is such a fun project. I haven't tried to make my own mini-album yet but I have been wanting to. Thanks for a wonderful and inspiring project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun folder Tonya! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab idea for keeping your trip photos and ephemera! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite collages! This is really lovely and I am inspired to make one myself! THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish bathing suits were still like the ones pictured! Very nice mini album♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q