Saturday, March 28, 2015

Feeling Punkish

Feeling a little punkish today.  Steampunk-ish, that is!  Steampunk is a little out of my comfort zone, but I love the projects my teammates have shared.  Today I started with a wonderful folding card.  the four pages all fold in and the card becomes a box-like square.  Each of the flaps is meant to hold an oversize tag, but I haven't started on those yet.  The stencils and cutting dies are from my own collection.  That's really one of the things I love best about the Altered Pages collage sheets.  No matter what your favorite medium, you can incorporate them! 


Each side of this multi-panel card has five 6" x 6" panels and two 2.5" x 6" panels


The small panels fold up inside to create pockets.





 
Inks in both warm and cool colors
The majority of Altered Pages collage images are from these three sheets:
 385D Postcards
2605 Fly with Steam
3042 Steampunked Machines
 
 
I hope you enjoyed today's project.  Stop over by Altered Pages and be inspired to create your own art.  Bye for now.

5 comments:

  1. Punktastic! Wonderful composition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steampunk and this is just fabulous, Robin! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific - I'm not really much of a card-maker - not my thing...but this is one that I'm going to give a try at. And for your first steampunk work, it's quite spiffy! I like it a lot.
    Now off to figure out how to join those 6" squares together!

    ReplyDelete