Skip to main content

Valentines with Altered Pages Collages!

  Hello and welcome to February- a month filled with LOVE and SNOW- at least in my neck of the world! heehee
Today I am sharing with you some of my Valentine's I have made- some to be hung in the windows and others for sharing- hope you find some inspiration in my post!
DecoArt Liquid Glass used on this one

 I started out with some paper heart doilies and cardboard hearts I had. After stringing the red hearts and then gluing them to the lace doily- the fun began!
 I printed out Altered Pages Valentine collages and fancy cut the pieces I would use
  
The Distress Markers were used to outline the Love quote to give depth to it.
    Lots of Stickles glitter glue here- yes, I am a fan of Stickles!

   And now close ups of each Valentine- using the collage pieces
Stickles used on this one


                                    
Liquid Pearls used on this one

                                                                 
DecoArt Liquid Glass,Embossing Powder&Stickles used on this


Stickles,Embossing Powder&DecoArt Liquid Glass used on this Valentine

This one was created with AlteredPages Gold Leaf- I love this stuff- it makes every piece elegant!

Altered Pages Products used:
To Thine own Self be True  Collage
Always in Love Collage
Heart-ily Agree Collage
Stickles
GoldLeaf - Try It
Nori Paste


Other products used:
Doily Hearts
Red Ribbon
DecoArt Liquid Glass
Cardboard Heats
Stickles
Distress Markers
Liquid Pearls
Embossing Glitter




 For my organization tip, I am sharing my marker and pen storage that I upcycled. 
My hub had bought at auction about 12 of those metal and plastic drawer organizers-used for nuts,bolts,etc.
Seeing that he had so many...I snagged a few for my own use! teeheehee

 This one I painted up in some of my fav colors and added some favorite papers on the side and back. I filled the drawers that pens and markers would fit into and removed others for my longer ones. 
I had an issue with my pens/markers going dry- so after a bit of research, I found that many artists suggest laying them vertically-



Thanks for visiting make sure to pop in all month as there are all sorts of inspirational projects as well as great organizing tips coming your way!
 Jackie ")


Comments

  1. Super cute hearts and did not know it is best to store markets vertically. Thanks for that bit of info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had that tip years ago! I do not like throwing markers and pens away! Can I be your Valentine♥ The Valentines are beautiful♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh- you certainly are my valentine Jackie! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, the pens must be stored horizontally. Like your idea here. Which reminds me how I had some original display racks for Caran D'ache crayons from an art store and I gave them away. Wish I would've hung on to those. The product by DecoArt...the Liquid Glass is divine stuff. But of course you know how to utilize these products in such a fine way. You've made me homesick for a valentine's box and valentines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Darlene- I will have to send you one- no homesickness around here! heehee Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. Lovely and fun Valentine's cards and another great tip for storing markers,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your Valentines are adorable. And I love your sorter idea. One caveat on marker storage, read the package. Some markers, such as dual tipped, recommend horizontal storage to prevent one side from drying out, while other brands recommend vertical storage with the tip pointing downwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments and shares Robin!
      I have yet to have any markers say vertically- which kind do you use? My curiosity is now peeked!

      Delete
    2. Uniball and Gelli Roll gel pens say to store them vertically with the tips pointing downward.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Valentines!! So lovely :)
    Cool storage Idea...dh has several he's not using...I may have to scavenge one and stick my markers/pens in one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q