Skip to main content

Painted Canvas on Cards

 
We have had some wonderful prize drawings here on the Altered Pages Artsociates blog, haven't we?  Back on December 3rd I was the lucky winner of Tracy Verdugo's book Paint Mojo.  I was thrilled!  And look, Tracy even signed it for me!  What did I have to do to win?  Simple...I just commented on a post! 

 
Today I'm sharing four cards I made with the creative prompt in the first exercise in the book.  The first Paint Mojo exercise deals with symbols.  Have you noticed any recurring themes in your art?  For me it's plaid.  My cousin calls me The Plaid Girl because when I first started making cards most of them had plaid scrapbook paper for backgrounds.  I wear plaid, too.  It could be the Irish ancestry!  I decided to make that my symbol for this project.

 
Altered Pages is partnering with Deco Art this month.   Hearing that set my heart aflutter!  I have only been working with paint for about a year and a half.  I have several art journals where I practice techniques and try out new products while I create my art.  The thought of working with paint used to frighten me, but journaling has let me practice in a very personal way and lately it is my go-to medium.

Artists are pretty lucky these days when it comes to finding different types and sizes of canvas.  There are traditional wood frame canvases, canvas boards, canvas books and you can even get it on a roll and make one of your own.  On a recent trip to a local art store I found some that are stick-on.  Because this canvas is as thin as heavy card stock I knew it would be easy to cut into panels to turn this canvas into greeting cards.

Check out How to Use Canvas on Greeting Cards by Robin Horasanian on Snapguide.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll keep returning to see that art that the Design Team has to share.  We hope to inspire you to go out and create something beautiful.



 

Comments

  1. These are so beautiful! I love blue and am beginning to become obsessed by birds and flutterbies. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blues Robin- pretty pretty pretty!! ! Makes me think of Spring!
    Off to check out your tut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the little details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! What a terrific idea! Super hand done patterns! Love it Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each card is a work of art, Robin. Love the process you shared. It turned out beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS post, love the art and the tutorial! GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post! I bought stick on canvas the other day and this looks like a good idea♥ I will be sharing on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! I love the colors and techniques you used for texture, and sticky back canvas sounds like a great item.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q