Monday, January 26, 2015

DecoArt Mixed Media Book Project - Part 2

Welcome back to Part 2 of my mixed media art book with Altered Pages and DecoArt, our January sponsor.  Today, I am going to show you how to make the book pages, also known a signatures, for inside the book.  I will even begin to decorate them for you, hopefully to inspire and get your creative juices flowing. 

But first, I want to show you how to put the two bookscovers together.  Unfortunately, my computer went down before I could finish my last post, so I had to stop short of really finishing the covers.  If you missed it and would like to see how I altered them, you can click here for the tutorial.







Here are the fairy quotes I found online, which I computer-generated and fussy cut to use on my pages.

"Where there is Joy, Laughter and Colour, Fairies will be found!"

"A rustle in the wind reminds us a fairy is near."

"Garden fairies come at dawn, bless the flowers, then they're gone."


Altered Pages Supplies:
Color ATC Red1724 Collage Backgrounds GreenMailboxFairy Dreams collage sheets
Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells paper pad
Muse Dragonfly stamp set
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Fire Red Glitter
Serviette Papers
Dyeable Seam Binding
5x7 Canvas Art Boards
Tags and Postcards
Glitz Design journaling sticker
Glitz What-Nots Embellishment Collection
Black StazOn ink
UltraFine Mist Sprayer

DecoArt Media acrylic paints, mists, and mediums

Other supplies:  book cloth, paper punches, awl or paper piercing tool, dies, metal embellishments, gem swirls stickers


YES, we will have a giveaway of DecoArt Products and a very useful Brayer from AlteredPages.   (total value $35.00)  We ask that you share our blog posts on YOUR social media pages/sites to be eligible.    Comment here and let us know where you posted!   Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, google+ !"


I hope you enjoyed my project today.  It is a work in progress, and I will continue sharing pages as I go along. 


Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!


Barbara

11 comments:

  1. Great detailed tutorial! Your journal visual stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on-I didn't know where to look first! Tons of goodness! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning covers, Barbara - you never cease to inspire me with your creativity and eye for what is always spot on focus! This post was especially interesting to me as I just finished two fairy albums, and I love how very different our two visions for the same subject are! Your signature tutorial is terrific and I plan to refer back to it again. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I shared on Facebook, Twitter and Google+!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tristan for sharing our fantastic Barbara!

      Delete
  5. love the look so cool thanks for sharing shared to google+, twitter and fb have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara easily inspires with her work. She is precise and yet free! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages♥ I like the addition of tags between the pages! I will be remembering this when I make my next Journal! I will be pinning to That's Clever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fairy book Barb! I really love how you made those paper flowers- very cool! Your colors are delicious and a true magical feeling was made!

    ReplyDelete