Welcome to Day 13 of the 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop. Altered Pages is also one of the 31 Days of Halloween blog hop sponsors, and our Design Team is participating in the hop. If you would like to hop along, the blog roll is on the side bar! Be sure to check back each day and see what they create with our partner, ArtAnthology's products! Be sure to post a comment each day on the blog for a chance to win a prize package from ArtAnthology and AlteredPages.com
Cut candelabra and spider from graveyard black card stock adhered to lightweight chipboard. Add a thick coat of white crackle paint to the candles and black glitter to the spider.
After these dry, apply distress inks to the candles.I also added Pewter and Olive metallic rub-on to the black portion of the candelabra.
Cut Chevron from any color scrap paper and a weathered clock from chipboard. Adhere to base with gel medium, allowing some of the clock to hang off. Trim excess clock piece.
Apply coat of white gesso over all, including the clock hands, let dry.
Apply coat of Art Anthology (AA) Imperial over canvas, let dry.
I did a little finger painting (my favorite kind) by applying AA Red Velvet Cake over the clock. After that dried, I later added some of the Foundry Bronze Gilder's Paste to the high spots.
Stamp script rubber stamp onto background with black StazOn ink.
I added a thick coat of the AA Red Velvet Cake over the clock hands and allowed to dry. Then I highlighted with Foundry Bronze Gilder's Paste by hitting the high spots.
I used a brad from my stash with a large head (any shape or color will work) and inserted it through the openings.
This gave me some area to glue my cameo skull to. Set aside.
I then added a light coat of AA Limeaid randomly to the base and wiped gently with a baby wipe. This left a beautiful golden tone, which I hope you can see in the photos. It looks really pretty in person. I think it adds a bit of warmth to the purple color.
Next, I applied some very watered down AA Red Velvet Cake from the top of the canvas and let it drip down like "BLOOD" (using my Bella Lugosi vampire voice). I applied a very thick coat right at the top of the canvas for effect!
Next, I adhered all my parts and pieces as shown in the finished photo. I also added some cob webs by taking strings from a piece of cheesecloth and adhering them just where I wanted them. It was a little tedious, but I enjoy doing things like that.
I also added some Petaloo black flowers, and a couple of handmade flowers I made from squishing up pieces of shipping paper after spritzing them with glimmer mists. I made them last year and had some left to use this year.
I also adhered graveyard black paper to the back, sides, and covered a die cut easel, which I adhered to the back, to finish it off.
6"x 6" square thick chipboard plaque (check out Altered Pages selection of art boards and canvases here)
Miscellaneous: Dies, rubber stamps, crackle paint, distress inks and glitter
I hope you enjoyed my home decor piece today. If you would like more details on this project, please visit my blog at Black Hole Art Studio. Thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy the hop!