Skip to main content

Sundays are Fundays

As some may know, it's been a long week.  I got a new computer, so the learning curve seems to never stop!

I did not allow them to use the Windows 8 software totally so I have a bit of a hybrid.  When it comes to photos, what used to take only 2 mouse clicks now takes 5 or 6.  I'm not sure if it's because I don't know to use it all properly or not.  


Life goes on!   

Quick word for the Mailbox Muse, kits will be shipping soon. Make sure yours is reserved as we'll make a limited number.





I wanted to share some more of my ICAD (index card a day) with you, I have been slacking off this last week, just did not have time to make many even though they only take a short time to create.   I am becoming good friends with my Girly. She has many hairstyles and colorations, sorry but now I also find my printer/scanner has to be replaced, so I could not scan any newer ones (next week maybe!)






Stamped and colorized with Momento Markers, Shimmer Mist & micron pen



Kuretake Brush Pen (red & grey), Dylusions Spray Ink and Micron Pen




Mono Print using a foam pad, Art Anthology Red Velvet Acrylic and Micron pen


I encourage you to do this ICAD exercise, it is quick and adds satisfaction to my day to know that even if I was busy, I created something.


Stop by the website to see several new products including Steampunk Color Gelatos,  Rhinestone Crosses,
Hand Dyed Ribbons and more.  

Share some love and comment on the wonderful Art at our partner's blog 


Comments

  1. Love your girly ICAD. And all the new products are jus wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on learning all the ends and outs on your computer. I've had my Mac for over a year and I'm still learning. I'll have to try the ICAD it sounds fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my husband's Mac a few months ago, wasn't sure at first but now I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know how to do a foam mono! Index cards are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have used some great techniques on your ICAD Cards Jean, and I know totally what you mean about new computers and Windows 8. I don't think it has too many fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The downside of getting a new computer, huh? We had to replace the scanner, too. We went with Windows 7 and we love the new machine. I hope you are as happy with yours once you figure out the bells and whistles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q