Skip to main content

Dreaming of Spring!

It's finally Friday!  I know I'm glad that the weekend is just about here.  I'm also glad that next week is Spring Break for my kiddos. So we will be out and about having some fun. 

The Altered Pages Design Team is partnering with Robin's Nest and the two teams are coming up with some fun and imaginative art for you. The thought of warmer weather, fun in the sun and and all these Springy lovelies from Robin's Nest and Altered Pages that are sitting out on my desk put me in the mood for an over sized Springtime tag. 



The background of my tag was made using my turquoise and yellow Niji Oil Pastels. You can find them here. I love how easily the oil pastels blend. I just used my finger to smudge and blend as I went along...super easy. I did add a bit of crackle finish over the top of that and it gave it a neat finish. I rather like it. 


I then began adding layers of torn paper from The Robin's Nest. You can find this oh so pretty pink paper here. I then added a bit of Glitz crepe trim in yellow and a cute little duckling collage image. You can find the yellow crepe trim here and the Springtime collage image here.


I then HAD to add some twinkle. Dew Drops are perfect for this. I added one to the tip of the umbrella and the inset of a flower. I also added them to the crepe trim along with a little scrap of yellow baby ball fringe. You can find the dew drops here. Robin's Nest has every color dew drop imaginable and they even have diamond shapes...so pretty. 


I added a bit of turquoise glitter ribbon for an extra pop of sparkle. Next, was just to finish it off with some ribbon for hanging and done! I'm not sure if this will be given away attached to a gift maybe or kept and incorporated into an Easter display. I have time to figure that out...wait, did I just say that out loud? 


I wanted to show you that I also decorated the back as well using more glitter paper from Robin's Nest as well as their cute butterfly glitter stickers. They also have the cutest rub on's. It made it so easy to add a sentiment to the tag. I have to say that I have worked with a lot of rub on's and these really are awesome! The package came with a popcycle stick so I did't need to grab any other tools. The best part was it actually worked...the first time...without fail or missing sections of lettering. I really love the Robins Nest "rubon". You can find them here.  You can see a couple other colors (blue and yellow) of the glitter paper in the backdrop of the pictures I have taken.  

    


All ready to give away...if I don't decide to keep it. ;-) 

Happy Friday and Happy Spring, almost! 

Stephanie


Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH.... I am ready for spring!!!! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spring tag is just adorable. Loving those colors that match the image so well. And the dew drops really dress it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like Easter is tomorrow after seeing this tag! Love how colorful it is. That is the beauty of Spring, fresh wonderful colors to liven things up! Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Springy vintage feel and pastel colors of the tag!!! Simply adorable!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting Spring fever♥ Your tag is beautiful♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tag! I've been making more tags than anything else lately. I, too, love by little Robin's Nest Dew Drops. They are often just the perfect little extra needed to finish off a project. I can't wait for spring! Setting the clocks ahead here in the northeast this weekend and that always helps! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable Stephanie, love you cute choice of images teamed with the Sorbet Papers from the Robins Nest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!! I love using Crepe paper. It gives it such a vintage feel. But I have never stitched on it before. I love how you stitched 2 different color together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply to cute!! I love how you used the oil pastels!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q