Skip to main content

Guest Artist ~ Pam Bray

Altered Pages is very excited to welcome 
Pam Bray as our first Guest Design Artist!
Hi, I am excited to be a Guest Designer today....I live in Memphis, TN, home of blues and BBQ. I am a wife, mom of 4 and grandma to 9 very amazing grandchildren if I must say so myself.  
 
I have been scrapbooking for the last 15 years. I love paper crafting, altered projects, and card making, layouts, etc. The last few years I have been published in several magazines and am currently on several wonderful design teams.  I love Diet Coke and chocolate so they must be close at hand when I am creating. 
I would like to share my Window Book Chipboard Book I designed for SinCity Stamp using Graphic 45 French Country that you can get in Altered Pages Store.
I love that you get the squares with the Window Chipboard Book and used a couple of them to add photos to when I decide what I want to use my book for....
this little butterfly comes with the book along with other chipboard pieces...I punched out some circles from the French Country Collection, added a bling and then covered it in Glossy Accent.
I love hidden pockets, so I made one on my page....stamping with the Pam Bray's Fall Collection Stamp Set both the filigree and dragonflies...
 Here is the inside of my pocket, again using a stamped dragonfly from the stamp set.
All the sunflowers are fussy cut from the French Country paper with some being layered while others are just adhered in place. 
My favorite part of the French Collection is that it has a lot of paper that you can make your own fun embellishments and border elements for your projects. 
 I love Glossy Accent and love the dome shape it gives to my items.
Here is a closer look at SinCity Stamps Fall Collection Filigree....
I stamped my French Country paper after I applied it to the top of the page. 
Stamping a several dragonflies to blue paper from the collection, adding Glossy Accent to half of the dragonflies, once dry...fussy cut them out and adhere together at the body of the dragonfly so the wings can be lift up. 
 I always do my pages together so there is unity in the look of the book...
I added another pocket and added a few tags to my page making sure when I glued my sunflowers that I made sure not to glue the tops.
I love side few photos so you are able to see how the pages all flow together using the Graphic 45 French Country Collection from Altered Pages Store.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial on my Home Sweet Home Chipboard Book and Fall Collection Stamps from SinCity Stamps using Altered Pages products, I encourage you to check out each of their stores. Hugs Pammejo

Supplies
Altered Pages French Country 8x8 Paper Pad - Graphic 45
SinCity Stamps Window Chipboard Book
SinCity Stamps Fall Collection Stamps Set 
Graphic 45 letters
Glossy Accent
Glue Stick
Various Ribbons and metal knob

Please feel free to visit my blog Scrapbook Flair and see what else I have been up to. Hugs Pammejo.

Comments

  1. What a fabulous book Pam I love those hidden pockets and it so wonderful for you to be joining us as our very first Guest Designer. Seeing this makes me want to dig out my G45 French Country Papers I have left and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can see why you are a guest designer! I love your book and the french Country paper you used ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam for sharing your stunning ability to create such beautifully combined elements for a fantastic project! Much Appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Pam! I love your dragonflies. This paper is so pretty- it never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous creation. Your chipboard album and stamps are perfect with the French Country paper collection. You always know just how to put all the pieces together to make it work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q