Skip to main content

Little Asian Houses

Hey folks, Melodee here with you this beautiful January Tuesday morning. I want to give a big SHOUT OUT of  congrats to Seerafeena! She was last months "Colors of the Season"challenge winner. You go girl!!!!! 

Today I want to bring you a closer look at the little Asian houses I created for this months Chinese New Year challenge. (Have you checked out the challenge yet?)

When I saw the collage sheet Mystic Asian I fell in love with it! AP's collage sheets are just so vivid and beautiful and these lovely images just said ooh lala to  me!! I really wanted to  showcase these beautiful Asian women uniquely and I was pretty sure I wanted to use canvas but was still not really sure of what I wanted to do exactly. Then while I was creating the idea of little Asian houses struck me! 







So I grabbed a couple of 4x4 canvases, some cereal boxes,(yes, cereal boxes, Anyone who knows me knows I must recycle something in my art!!) Dylusions Inks and several other little supplies and went to work. I hope you enjoy what you see and  if you would like more info you can view more details and a few how to 's over on my blog www.ateliermelodee.blogspot.com






I have supplied a list of the AP items I used to create these below. I hope you will keep dropping by here on the Altered Pages blog as our fearless leader just got back from CHA and will be giving you glimpsies of all the yummy new products she is adding to the AP store!! Not to mention all of the amazing and creative goodies our SUPER design team will be coming up with!! You won't want to miss out!!!




I hope you enjoyed todays post but, it's now time for me to hit the studio and get busy creating. I have some cool valentines goodies coming to AP  and a cute valentine kit coming as well. So please be watching. Oh and don't forget to grab your AP goodies and join us for this months challenge by creating some Chinese New Year goodies of your own. Voting on the AP design team projects is going on now but YOU have until January 31st to get your entry in!! Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! 

 Tah Tah for now,
                                        Mel’odee
1. Dylusions Inks
2. Gesso
3. Gel Medium
4. Mystic Asian collage sheet
5. Blending stump





Comments

  1. Not sure if my other comment "took" - it doesn't appear to be here.
    I really love all the texture and depth you've achieved on a flat canvas background - is that the gesso that gives you that effect? ... and the golden accents really pop. Really nice pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your houses are wonderful ! Love your Art !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q