Skip to main content

Little Asian Houses

Hey folks, Melodee here with you this beautiful January Tuesday morning. I want to give a big SHOUT OUT of  congrats to Seerafeena! She was last months "Colors of the Season"challenge winner. You go girl!!!!! 

Today I want to bring you a closer look at the little Asian houses I created for this months Chinese New Year challenge. (Have you checked out the challenge yet?)

When I saw the collage sheet Mystic Asian I fell in love with it! AP's collage sheets are just so vivid and beautiful and these lovely images just said ooh lala to  me!! I really wanted to  showcase these beautiful Asian women uniquely and I was pretty sure I wanted to use canvas but was still not really sure of what I wanted to do exactly. Then while I was creating the idea of little Asian houses struck me! 







So I grabbed a couple of 4x4 canvases, some cereal boxes,(yes, cereal boxes, Anyone who knows me knows I must recycle something in my art!!) Dylusions Inks and several other little supplies and went to work. I hope you enjoy what you see and  if you would like more info you can view more details and a few how to 's over on my blog www.ateliermelodee.blogspot.com






I have supplied a list of the AP items I used to create these below. I hope you will keep dropping by here on the Altered Pages blog as our fearless leader just got back from CHA and will be giving you glimpsies of all the yummy new products she is adding to the AP store!! Not to mention all of the amazing and creative goodies our SUPER design team will be coming up with!! You won't want to miss out!!!




I hope you enjoyed todays post but, it's now time for me to hit the studio and get busy creating. I have some cool valentines goodies coming to AP  and a cute valentine kit coming as well. So please be watching. Oh and don't forget to grab your AP goodies and join us for this months challenge by creating some Chinese New Year goodies of your own. Voting on the AP design team projects is going on now but YOU have until January 31st to get your entry in!! Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! 

 Tah Tah for now,
                                        Mel’odee
1. Dylusions Inks
2. Gesso
3. Gel Medium
4. Mystic Asian collage sheet
5. Blending stump





Popular posts from this blog

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip  (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!)



Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and "Art Journal Stenci…

Rolling with my Gel Press

I love experimenting with different ways to create texture and interest on my Gel Press and for many years now I have turned to fun foam to help do this when monoprinting.  I love to team the fun foam with my dies to create my own stamps and texture plates.  I used this techniques for my prints in January that I shared here on the blog. There are lots of dies that have detail, meaning lots of scrap pieces which you can randomly stick onto cardboard giving you a stamp as well as using the actually die cut shape as a stamp.  Another idea is using them attached to a toilet roll to create a brayer like roller was shared at my local scrapbook store and on a video by Birgit Koopsen last year.  I love playing with this method. The toilet roll is slipped over a paint roller handle.


Here you can see some of my texture creations that I have on hand for my play today.

One texture I love is created using a piece of burlap ribbon, which I have stuck onto a toilet roll. My first layer above used th…

The Gift Card Card

Robin here and today I have a project for you that is a fun way to give gift cards or cash.  

You will need two envelopes for this project.  One is what the post office calls the 6 1/4 Commercial envelope.  When I was growing up we just called it a letter envelope.  It's a smaller rectangle than the #10, being just 3 5/8" x 6 1/4".  The other is a standard A6.  I chose the A6 because it fits inside the letter envelope when it's folded in half and it's also large enough to hold a check or cash, as well as a gift card.



With the flap against the body of the envelope, fold it in half from side to side.  Cut the flap in half and trim the inside cuts at an angle so that they don't interfere with the fold or get bunched up. 



Decorate the flap side of your envelope.  This will be the inside of your card.  Fold the envelope again and decorate the side that will be the front of your card.





Cut a panel of card stock to fit inside the 6 1/4 Commercial (letter) envelope.  Att…