Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CHINESE NEW YEAR NECKLACE

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing a necklace I made for the Altered Arts Challenge "Chinese New Year".

I used the Altered Pages Collage Sheet Asian Glass Slides.  I cut the images into 1x1 inch to add to the Ranger Memory Frames that I had.  I used some faux pearls on the ends and used seam binding for the actual "necklace" part.  I have a chain that I was going to use but I thought the ribbon looked nicer.  It measures approximately 18 inches long with the ribbon tied, but can be made longer or shorter.

I also put collage images in the back of the necklace.

Since I couldn't take a picture of it on myself (i tired) I thought who would be a better model than Hello Kitty!  I have soooooo much Hello Kitty stuff.  I've never shown you my studio.  You may think it's too much, but I don't!  I have everything Hello Kitty.  This Hello Kitty only one of many.  I have 3 white, 2 gold, 1 pink, 1 purple, 1 red, 1 tan.  There are plenty more, but we can visit them another time!!

Here is a close up of the necklace.


I hope you make beautiful things with Altered Pages Products, and join us on the challenge blog!
xxDaniella

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kitty always makes me smile! Your necklace is a treasure! THANKS for making this fabulous one of a kind Chinese Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so creative. Love your necklace, looks good on Kitty, too!

    ReplyDelete