Skip to main content

Time on Your Side!

Hi Everyone, it's Danie here today!  Have you seen the new Altered Pages Art Stamps in Store at Altered Pages?  I just love the set Time on Your Side which is a set of four clock/watch images.

Time on your Side set of 4
Time by Your Side Stamps by Altered Pages

A few weeks back I decided that my word for 2014 would be TIME, as time is precious, Time Flies, it could be time to celebrate, time to reflect, time to give thanks, or perhaps to make time and take time to spend with family or enjoy the little things.  But most important for me in 2014 I need to make the most of my time following the world-wind year that 2013 has been. 

Anyhow today I am using the bottom two images to create Time Themed Cards which are perfect to make when time is short!


Start by simply coloring in your backgrounds, if you do so on larger sheets of paper or cardstock you can cut down to card size panels and make a quantity of greetings in very little time.

For my backgrounds I have simply scribbled and splotched across some white cardstock using three colors of Distress Stain on each one (I love this as its so quick and easy to do).  You can however use and sponge inks, color and scribble with your Gelatos, spray with your Dylusions Mists etc.  I have then randomly stamped my images across the background. 

Some I used just one of the images, others I used both.  Some I simply stamped in black ink, others I used coordinating colors to my background colors and black together. 

Then I simply layered onto a card base, black, white or a coordinating colors really change the effects/look but all will make the colors pop.  Then its simply a matter of finding a time related sentiment and believe me there is heaps to choose from.


A simple one of Time to Celebrate would make a perfect sentiment for Birthday or New Years Greetings, others could be Time to Dream, Time to Shine, Time to Fly.




  


Any quote that mentions moments of time is also perfect to use with these backgrounds.

Time I was off!  I have to pack as its holiday time and by the time you will be reading this post hubby and I will be at the beach and our week away will be almost over.  

Thanks for stopping by and I wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy & Safe New Year, see you next time!

Danie xx


Comments

  1. What a fabulous stamp set, and I love how you used it on your cards! Wonderful background technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful way to always have some cards on hand. AND you are so right, Timing is EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards - so vibrant and colorful - yet still elegant and (ahem) timely. :)

    Also love the stamp set ... have to get an order together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Danie, stunning! good theme for the new year. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q