And here's a project to get you in the mood!
Altered Pages has some awesome Paper Mache products available for Halloween
which is where I bought this skull and mask!
To create the skull I started off by painting the entire thing with white acrylic paint. I then stamped various designs on tissue paper and applied it using Faber-Castell Gel Medium. After the glue had dried I sprayed Dylusions Ink over the mask to create a fire-y design. In some areas I sprayed extra ink, turned the skull upside down and let the drips run towards the top of the skull - drying with a heat tool at the same time. This helped to "freeze" the drips before they went all the way to the top (bottom). These drips help create the illusion of fire.
I made the mask in the same basic fashion but I squirted the ink into a small cup and painted it over my stamped design since I wanted to highlight the flower eyes.
Some areas of the designs were highlighted or created using Ranger's Black Enamel Accent and Red Stickles Glitter Glue was added to the eyes of the skull. I applied Opal Liquid Pearls to the teeth which absorbed the ink to add a nice "bloody" tint.
You can see a bit of the ink drip "flames" on the cheek area & forehead in this photo.
Remember ~ all next month Altered Pages will be playing along with the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween Challenge as will the blogs of a few of our DT Members (Lyneen, Leslie & I)
Hope you stop by to get your daily scare on....
and be sure to be on the look out for the hidden Scavenger Hunt picture.
You might just be one of the lucky daily winners!!
Have a spooky week everyone!
Ink Stained Roni