I can't believe how the year is just flying by...
Do you realize that it will be the 4th of July in about 3 weeks!!!
I don't know where the time has gone but it's time to start thinking about decorating for the 4th and I've got a fun idea to decorate for your family get-together....
Vintage Fire Cracker
Yard Timber Cut-Offs (3 different sizes) (I raided my Dad's scrap pile)
Patriotic Collage Sheet (I used AP563 Americana)
White Acrylic Paint
Vintage Sheet Music
1. Paint the yard timbers with white acrylic paint.
2. Cover each timber with vintage sheet music and add a little vintage feel with a dash of brown ink.
3. Free-hand 3 sizes of stars on chipboard and cut out. Apply a layer of glue to each star and sprinkle with red, white and blue glitter. Set aside to dry.
4. Trim images, ink the edges for a vintage flair and mount on black cardstock.
5. Tie a piece of ribbon, fiber or raffia around each timber; mount the stars and add the collage image to each timber.
6. Finally add the "spark" to your firework by curling three pieces of wired tinsel. You can attach the tinsel to your fire cracker with hot glue or you can use a hammer and nail to create a small hole in the top of the timber, twist the tinsel together at one end and poke into the hole.
You're ready to get your party started off with a bang!