Skip to main content

Family History Altered Journal Page

Happy Father's Day and welcome to Altered Pages! Susan here with another project created using Altered Pages Digital Download Collage Sheets, some acrylic paints and markers. Since it is Father's Day today, I have created a page in my Art Journal to commemorate my father and my grandfather. Both are no longer with us, but they are always near and dear to my heart.

I began with Altered Pages Histoire AP-517 Collage Sheet. I printed it out on regular white paper and tore the edges. I glued into my journal using UHU stik glue stick. Glue stick is my preferred method of adhering papers into my altered books and I use it liberally.

This is the Histoire Collage Sheet as it was printed. It is so artistic and made me think of family.
 

The pages of my art journal are black so I added a gesso/acrylic glaze mixture over entire image which muted it back slightly and added paint around all sides to build up color for a distressed wood border. All of the detail was added with markers and blended out with my finger {my favorite blending tool}. I inked the edges of the photos with walnut ink, set some eyelets in the tops of each photos and tied some twine. A couple metal embellishments, and a gold embossed sprockets chips die cut finish off this sentimental Art Journal page.

Presenting my "Family Historé" Art Journal Page!!!


On left this has a photo of me at age 1 with my Grandfather and my first dog "Putzel", a weiner dog; and below a photo of my Grandfather and I at my wedding reception. On the right the top photo is of my Dad and I, when I surprised him for his birthday {he was spitting mad} and below a photo of my Dad with my dog "Putzel" when he was a puppy. I am happy I made this page today and it is making me smile proudly since my grandfather was a fantastic amateur photographer and my Father was an artist as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have had a wonderful Father's Day spent with your loved ones. Please visit the Altered Pages website for Collage Sheets, Ephemera, Rubber Stamps, blank items ready to alter, Project Kits, Tutorials and more! If you would like to see more of my work please Click HEREWe would love to see your altered projects using images from Altered Pages. Please share your creations using Altered Pages images with us on the Altered Pages Facebook page.

Comments

  1. I like how you did your border and the shading to give it a 3D look - if I'm right about that? How wonderful to follow in your dad and grandfather's footsteps! Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea for using that terrific collage page. I really like the way you toned down the overall brightness of the image - and your embellishments are just perfect.

    Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly wonderful, artistically and in the spirit of remembrance. I'd like to see your technique for the borders of "wood". Tat could make a great video. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q