Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quick Canvas Project

Hi everyone , Eunice here from The Little Things ! I hope your summer is starting off with lots of good things ! I was spending some time in my studio the other day & wanted to create a canvas collage to hang in a vacant spot !! A canvas on the smaller size 7 by 14 ! I painted the background and then added some houses using Glitz Papers , love there designs !! So I created a little village ( three homes ...size !! ) using mod podge to adhere to the canvas, I added smaller paper pieces for the doors & windows ect. and for some added detail I used the Edges Mini's , smaller size adorable paper edges , I love love these ! I have found so many uses for these adorable edges ! I sprayed mine with the Maya Road mists , it is a fabulous way to color something delicate like the Edges Mini's , quick , and also has a little glimmer in it for great detail !  To add more detail on the back ground I used Punchinella ( you HAVE to have that for wonderful collage work )    comes in various sizes and creates a wonderful detail for your art work ! I also added some "words" that I printed out , a stencil was used for the "sun" and chipboard letters for the HOME at the bottom ! Quick and super easy to create , check out the vast supplies for creating collage art on Altered Pages ! Have a wonderful and creative day !!

5 comments:

  1. I want to live in the polka dot house on the left! Nice work Eunice! I'm going to have to check out the edge minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might want to move into the striped one!!! These are adorable and very creative. The sentiment is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the canvas. I thoroughly agree about punchinella, use it a lot, even have a piece or star punchinella which is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! I too love the polka dot house... I LOVE punchinella but only have a couple want more and more and more and...well you get it!!! Awesome canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! Too cute! I need to get some of that size canvas - looks like fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete