Skip to main content

Valentine or Anytime Decor

Hi there, Stephanie here! 

Today I have for you the completed phase 2 of my preparing for Valentine's Day project.  It is a cute little tabletop lamp that I created using the wire assemblage form,  beautiful papers and sweet collage images from Alteredpages.com.  Add a battery operated pillar candle and poof you have a safer & better than average candle for your romantic table or anywhere really.  
Phase 1 of this was the Valentine's Day card I made a couple weeks ago, which you can see below and the link to that post can be found here.      
This sweet little lamp will be center stage in my table scape for Valentine's Day dinner.  After that I have a feeling my daughter will be stealing it for her pink and black themed bedroom.  ;-)

I started this by wiring all of the corners of the assemblage form. 
  
Next, I set that aside and began creating my paper panels for two of the sides of the lamp.  I used the so pretty Sweet Pinks  12 x 12 paper to create the panels.  I added heart shaped eyelet's to the corner of each panel so I would be able to firmly attach the paper to the form.
  

I needed black heart eyelet's for that job, but only had pink...StazOn in jet black to the rescue...you can see that in the pic above.  I also did some random stamping (in jet black again) to match the card I previously made.  I also inked the edges of my panels with the jet black StazOn.  Then, I came in over that with my black Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to give the edges just a little sparkle.

Next, I added my collage image from the Loves Valentine collage sheet to the opening of my paper panels.  This was printed on vellum to achieve that window pane look for the candle to glow through.  I then used strips of white & glitter tulle threaded through the eyelet's for attaching to the frame.  Here is how the finished panel looks prior to attaching to the metal frame.  
 

I then went back to the metal frame to work on the opposite two sides.  For this I used more of the white and glitter tulle attaching strips to the top and bottom.  The pictures just don't do this aspect justice.  I probably used three times as much tulle as needed to give it an opulent and frilly look. 
   
 Finally, I attached the two paper panels at each corner to the frame.  I really had to restrain myself from adding and adding...you know what I mean, bling, charms, beads, more ribbon, etc.  I could have kept going and going and I still just might do that. 
Add the electric pillar candle and the oohhhs & aahhhs start. 
So pretty, so romantic.  
    
I really love how it turned out.  I know I will enjoy bringing this little gem out each year to add a little homemade sparkle to our Valentine's Day. 

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here.  You never know when Altered Pages is going to have a give away for goodies and commenting on the blog is your way of increasing your chances of winning something fun. 



Thanks for stopping by.  Have a very happy Friday!!! 
~Stephanie

Here is a supply list with links; 
Wire Assemblage Form
Beautiful Sweet Pink 12x12 paper
Loves Valentine collage sheet - printed on vellum
Stazon Midi - in jet black
Love Games Stamp Set
Ribbons & Trims
Embellishments of just about any kind
Sweet Pinks 12 x 12
Adhesives & Tapes

Comments

  1. This is way awesome. Simple wire form and tulle make for a romance!!! It could be for any season or time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Steph!

    (Daughter's are notorious for laying claim to art projects!!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q