Skip to main content

I'm Mooning you!

Nooooooooo, on my tags!

Okay, I am being a bit corny but it's that time of year right?

In honor of our tag challenge, today I'm giving you TWO tags! With this fun Halloween Moons collage sheet, I couldn't just pick one of these fun fellows, so you get one for Autumn and one for Halloween!






Supplies:
Halloween Moons collage sheet
Adhesive
Manila Tags
Paper for backgrounds
Assorted Ribbon
Art Alchemy Paints - Dragon's Eye and Dark Forest
Memento Inker
Rub-On embellishments, miscellaneous stickers and other collage elements from my stash


Some starting elements. I didn't use all of these things and I added a few, but this gives you an idea of my process.


I started by gluing down my papers to the tags. Then I trim around the tag.
Next, I glue down another layer of decorative paper to give a little more texture and interest. Once dry, I trim off any excess and then "fussy cut" my moonies from the collage sheet.


I glue down my moon men on to the backgrounds I think look best with each.


Now I add all my other collage elements, stickers, words, rub-on accents, etc.  I use my ink pad around the edges of each tag to give a grunged appearance and a little contrast to each tag. I poke the hole through the applied paper, where the original tag hole is, then I use my Art Alchemy paints randomly around the edges and here and there on the body of the tag to add some nice shimmer. These paints are very transparent when you use one layer so it doesn't really cover up the patterns. If I wanted to add more, it would come out a nice solid metallic shimmer which is also nice. To finish them off, I add some ribbon through the tag holes.
 
These make great additions to any hostess gifts, bottles of cider, cookie mixes, baked goods, treat bags, etc.  You could even write a recipe on the back of the tag and attach it to a dry mix of ingredients to gift to someone special!
 
I love tags, they are not only fun to make, they are useful too!
 
Until next time!
 
Jen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q