Skip to main content

July Begins with Dixie Belle Paints!

Welcome to July with Alteredpages.com and Dixie Belle Paints!


I can honestly say that I am soooo looking forward to this new partnership
after having time to play with these chalk paints. Can you say easy, fun, forgiving, buttaaah?   These are all the things that came to mind when I worked with this line of paints, glazes and muds.    I actually said to my hubby and kids that anything standing still in this house was in danger of being painted. 
It was that fun and easy.  


For my first post this month I thought I would start out with something simple. 
I wanted to give myself the okay to just play and check out this paint and see how it stood up to the "other" chalk paints out there.  I am hooked!


I started with an 8x10 Canvas Art Board.    I then added a bunch of Decoupage with Vintage Text Pages  and scraps of 12 x 12 Papers  that I hung onto because I just loved them and knew I could use them again.  

I then added a coat of Dixie Belle Paint in Pure Ocean.   


 Next, I sanded  this down with the sanding sponge.


 I then applied my stencil.  

Then came stenciling with some of that amazing Swamp mud mixed with Dixie Belle paint in The Gulf.


 I literally just mixed the two on a paper plate with a palette knife and applied it right over the stencil.




 I then added the Grunge glaze.    I really love working with this the most I believe. It brought the whole piece to life.   It just made it all pop!  

 

I will seal this eventually.  I did not seal it at this stage because I am just not sure it is done yet.  I think that there just might be more in store for this amazing little 8x10 canvas art board.  Time will tell, maybe a denim border, some vintage jewelry, who knows...    all I know is I cant wait to keep playing with this chalk paint!!!     

Please see below for a few more items I used in the project.
Thanks for joining me today...Steph S.




Comments

  1. Steph, I love your little canvas board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layers are my favorite! These stencils are such great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the layering - and the colors of the paints are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of this weathered look. Fantastic project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of this weathered look. Fantastic project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely canvas. I can tell you had a lot of fun with this paint! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q