Skip to main content

More fun with Gypsy Laser Cuts and Altered Pages!

 Welcome!

Today I have for you something a little boho...a little Gypsy.
What a perfect pairing with our partner this month...Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  


I have made for you a Sari Silk, beaded, charmed and bejeweled necklace. 
The crowning jewel on this piece, however is not a jewel at all...
it is a Gypsy Laser Cut Clock Hand.    


This is what we started with, Sari Silks, charms, and the hour hand laser cut.
I want to point out that this is not a silver toned necklace or gold toned piece.
I purposefully used silver tone, gold tone, semi-precious beads, wood beads and crystals.    I wanted this to truly go with anything.  This is also not symmetrical.
This is whimsically asymmetrical and actually convertible....keep reading.  :-)


I embossed the clock hand in a few different colors of embossing powder.
Basically, I used variations of gold, silver and a glittery blend, thus adding to the multi-metallic blend of the finished piece. 

Next, using wire wrapping techniques I added a wooden bead at one end of my necklace and a silver bead at the other end of the Sari Silk strand. 
These would be my "anchors" if you will.  From these anchor pieces I can add just about anything.  

Left side.... 

Right side....
And next, fun beads and charms.... 

 I wired up a number of different beads and charms using traditional jewelry DIY techniques.


I then added the beads to the Sari necklace using light bulb safety pins in most cases.  You can find them HERE  They are a must have for any vintage obsessed jewelry designer!   What I love about the light bulb safety pins is that they make this a completely convertible piece.  You can make it longer, shorter, less beads, more beads, more charms, less charms...you get the idea. And then, if next Tuesday you want to change it again you can without destroying all of your hard work... and for us creative types that is a great thing! 


I was able to take the focal point, the embossed hour hand laser cut, and move it, center it, raise and lower it along with all the beads because of those wonderful light bulb safety pins.
Here it is very symmetrical with the clock hand working as a pendant if you will.  

You can see the difference between the pic above and below that I have doubled up the beaded section and changed the look of the necklace altogether by moving a few of the light bulb safety pins.  This created the most amazing asymmetrical design.  I know the pictures do not do it justice.  I hope you can see the change from a single beaded strand to double. And, uh, that Sari Silk, I could work with it everyday.


So, with that I will bid farewell.   Have a lovely weekend and get those creative juices flowing!   Go make something beautiful!

Thanks for joining me...
~Steph S.   


Supply List - 




Comments

  1. I think I'll 'steal' a few of your jobs and create a version of your necklace as a new nifty keychain for myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Tristan! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. I would wear this qll the time! Great that it could be made to look different and it goes with most anything too! Great gift idea with the charms specific to the receiver. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, colorful and shiny! Trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these elements work so wonderfully together Steph, such a lovely unique piece! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q