Skip to main content

Faerie Song Cards

Hello everyone!  Barbara here today.  I hope your week is off to a good start.  I have a couple of cards to share again, using these wonderful rubber stamps from our partner, Faerie Song Art Stamps.  I think you will find that these stamps work wonderfully together with Altered Page's products!  

Castle in the Forest Card:

I first stamped the Castle in the Forest image onto one of the Collage Background I images with Vintage Sepia ink.  The image fits perfectly, as you can see below.  Of course, if you get the digital collage images, you can resize them to whatever size you need.

After stamping, I trimmed around the image to fit an A2 size card that I made from pink card stock.  I always use my Scor Pal to make the center fold crease for crisp folds.  I also cut a piece of the Adhesive Corrugated kraft card slightly larger than the stamped image.  

I resized and fussy cut the fairy image to fit onto my forest scene.

Before adhering the layers to my card with the Double Side Tape Mini, I edged the stamped image first with the leather mixed media ink, then again with the gold Delicata ink.  When you do them together, the brown tones down the gold and makes it more antique looking.  Love that look.

Lastly, I computer generated the phrase I found on the internet, punched it out and adhered to the card.

"A rustle in the wind
reminds us a fairy is near!"

I had some gold leaf trim sitting on my desk so I added that with Aleene's Tacky Glue.  

Bryony Fairy Card:

For this card, I again used my Scor Pal to make a blue folded A2 size card.  I cut a piece of print paper from the Botanical Odyssey paper pad and edged it with the Leather ink, then the gold, just as I did in the first card.

Bryony was stamped onto white card with Versafine black ink and colored using Gelatos with a water brush.  These paints are so creamy and nice, and so very easy to use.  After I die cut the image into a nice shape, I also edged it with the same inks as before.  I adhered it with Adhesive Dimensionals.

I fussy cut a butterfly from another sheet from the Botanical Odyssey paper and adhered it, along with some pretty Assorted Flowers.  

Shimmer was added to the wings of all fairies and butterflies.

Altered Pages Supplies:

Collage sheets:  Little FairiesCollage Background I
A2 Cards
Kaisercraft Paper Pads (Botanical Odyssey)
Wink of Stella Glitter Pens
Adhesive Corrugated
Assorted Flowers
Versafine Ink (Vintage Sepia, Black)
Delicata gold ink pad
Mixed Media Salazar Inkx (Leather)
Ranger Blending Tools
Water brushes
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Adhesive Dimensionals
Double Side Tape Mini
Scor Pal

Other supplies used:

Faerie Song Art Stamps:  BryonyCastle in the Forest
Blue, Pink, Ivory card stock

Die cut shapes

I hope you enjoyed today's projects and will pop on over to Faerie Song Art Stamps to check out their wonderful selection of stamps.  And be sure to check out all the new products arriving at Altered Pages.  

Have a wonderful and very creative week!



  1. STUNNING and sweet. Thanks for your work!

  2. Oh so gorgeous, Barbara! And, I love your wonderful designs with those most adorable stamps!!!

  3. These are both beautiful! And I love the Castle in the Forest stamp!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q