Skip to main content

GRATITUDE Avalanche

We are so very Thankful for our Design Team 
and our Customers.

Family is such an important part of my life, this holiday is one of my favorites. It's a time to just enjoy each other and talk over a bountiful table of blessings. When I say family, it also means friends who join us. Create a thankful jar by having each person write why they are thankful and have everyone pick one from the jar & read it.









Preparing for the feast


Here is a creation for our Thanksgiving table.....





Each person will have one at the table.   

Here is the process...




Start with a wood ATB, you can sand it but not necessary.  I like a rustic finish for this project. 

Chalk paint is so perfect for this type of work.   Wood preparation is not needed.  Different brushes will provide differing results.  First I used a bristle brush to roughly apply the chalk paint with the dry brush technique (adding no water).

  

I then chose a second color and used a foam brush to apply paint with punchinella for a mottled appearance.  


I got excited and went a bit overboard with my paint!!!   BUT, it washes right off, that is the beauty of chalk paint.


I wanted you to see the difference between applying dry brush versus a wet brush with the punchinella.  You can see how distinct  the  coverage is with a dry brush and a bit more subdued and spread out with a wet brush.  



I sanded a bit around the edges for more texture and rustic finish.   I love rubber stamping but my fingers always get in the way and I invariably smudge or misalign something which is frustrating!  HOWEVER....


I DO LOVE stamp pads.  I use them for edging, coloring, adding textural interest and layers. So, my Staz-on Inkpads get a good workout in my projects.


                                                   
I did a few simple sketches to calibrate size for the ATB

Then I used markers to draw on the ATB, coloring the squash  with Fall Colors.   You can seal the paints/markers but not necessary unless it may get wet or handled a lot. 




 





And there we are, ready to set the table. 


P.S.  I made the leaves glued together but not to the block, that way the leaves could be a lasting ornament or decoration and the ATB could be used again for the next Fall Dinner or as a shelf sitter.



 


Thanks for viewing today and have a safe and happy week.   Jean and the Team


Supplies used:

Jute cord
Assorted markers and glue
Silk leaves
Sharpie Pen




Comments

  1. What a fabulous idea! I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is brilliant and I have some wooden blocks I bought from you awhile back which I haven't yet used -- I should get to work on this! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q