Skip to main content

A Box Full of Posies Pocket Card

Hi Everyone, Danie here with you today sharing a project using products from Altered Pages and Craft Attitude.


Sometimes a normal card just isn't the right fit for the purpose of a greeting, for instance you may want it to be something special to mark a special occasion or to include some photos of a recent event with a thank you note.  So that's when the style of card I am sharing today may be a perfect choice and it's relatively simple to make from a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock and your favorite coordinating papers.



My post title may have given it away - I am talking about a pocket card, which allows you to jazz up how you present your message and have space to pop in other items such as photos, love letters or tickets to the theater.  It's perfect for Valentine's Day, a special Thank You or Invitations too.  The posies as mentioned in my title are depicted on my choice of papers from the Kaiser Craft Botanical Odyssey Paper Collection and my collage image from the Not A Red Valentine Collage Sheet.

I printed this collage sheet onto a piece of the Craft Attitude Printable Craft Film following the instructions and remembering to flip the images so that any wording comes out in reverse so that when I stick the images down they will be the right way round.

While the film was drying I proceeded to cut out my base for my pocket card and layer my chosen papers onto my pocket.  All my edges were inked with Golden Glitz Delicata Ink.  I stuck down each piece and then proceeded to make a card insert from plain vanilla cardstock to hold my message.  I used a coordinating strip of paper across the top of this card leaving plenty of room so that I could write my message.  

With my collage images now dry on the film, I then took another piece of Vanilla Cardstock and I die cut out a suitable shape that my chosen collage image would fit on to.  Sticking down the film I then carefully trimmed off any excess around my shape, and stamped a sentiment and stuck this on to cover the wording partly showing on the image.

I then layered this onto the front of my pocket under some Havana Brown Seam Binding tied in a bow.  This was the perfect color to match the golden tones of my papers and ink.

This hasn't been my only play with the Craft Attitude Printable Film, I have found it is a wonderful choice when you are wanting a softer more vintage look and perfect for coordinating your images with your chosen papers like I did by layering it onto Vanilla rather than white card stock for this project today.  It would be a perfect way to add an image to the card insert of my project today too as the flatness of this product would not get caught on things which thicker photos and paper could do.

So I hope you enjoyed this quick project from me today, be sure to pop back each day this month to see more wonderful ways to use and incorporate the Craft Attitude Printable Film into your projects.

Until next time

Comments

  1. I Love this card (especially the papers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I like pocket cards for when I'm giving gift cards. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Danie!! Love the pocket card idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danie, this is so wonderful. The papers are so beautiful and your creation is the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Dani. I love the color combo...it's a very soothing palette. Great idea with the pocket too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your pocket card, and the color combo is so beautiful. TFS some great ideas for its use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ♥ I love the elegance of this card!











    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - the colors are beautiful and match your tag perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q