Skip to main content

Royal Air Mail - Unruly PaperArts & Leaky Shed Mail Art!

This month Altered Pages is teaming up with Unruly PaperArts for some artsy fun!
This month Unruly PaperArts April theme is Mail Art & Moos.
Two of my favorite types of art to create so I was very excited.


Each month Unruly PaperArts shares Reader Art Quest Creative Prompts ~ to inspire and encourage you to create art ~ they then request you to share that art. This months Reader Art Quest prompts are "Teacups & Tiaras" along with the photo (shown below) - tea cups, tiara, peacock feathers, etc...  Beautiful isn't it?  


As I took inspiration from both the theme for April - Mail Art and the Reader Art Quest creative prompts I came up with today's contribution...

Royal Air Mail



I like to start out with used envelopes for my mail art but finding one using stamps is few and far between anymore.... but luckily I had this envelope stashed away for use one day.  Just didn't know it was going to be for art!  I started off by spritzing the envelop with several colors of Dylusions Ink which were way too bright for this color scheme but I knew that going in.  I covered the spray with a layer of Pink Grapefruit Silks Acrylic Glaze which not only toned down the bright colors but added a beautiful luster to the entire envelope.


I then started layering on various elements...collage images from several different AP Collage Sheets, peacock pattern paper, die-cuts, vintage air mail labels and a couple crowns/tiara's from Leaky Shed that I colored with Guilders Paste.  Basically, I just had lots of fun!


Altered Pages Supplies:

Collage Sheets: 701 Victorian Tea; 2096 Royalty In Action; 140 London; 3032 Tea Party

Other Supplies:
Die-Cut
Pattern Paper
Vintage Air Mail Labels
Used Envelope

So there you go...my bit of Mail Art...
I encourage you to pull out an envelope (new or used) and give it a try...

Have a creative day ~
Ink Stained Roni


Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS... Awesome!!! Great layers and textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Roni...knew it was yours as soon as I saw the first photo. Love all the layers and textures you put into this piece. It's fun to decorate the envelopes and packages I put in the mail, too--the guy in the post office looks forward to seeing what I'm sending out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, This is mail anyone would love to receive. you brought all the elements together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Layers and layers and layers. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni I am loving all the wonderful elements you have combined on your envelope. Beautifully Done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting it would be to receive this envelope through the post! I love the collage and the colours. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - the colors and all your wonderful details make it so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome mail art. Love how you toned it down with the silk glaze. Great use of the collage images, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Roni! Who wouldn't love to find this in their mailbox???

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful collage! Helene from UPA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q