Skip to main content

Recycled Tin Can = Mini Easter Bucket

Ink Stained Roni here.  This month Altered Pages Artsociates has the fun opportunity to incorporate products offered at The Robin's Nest into our projects.



If you've visited my blog you'll know I love to re-purpose every day items destine for the trash bin into art.  Today I wanted to share what I recently did with a tin can I saved from the recycle bin.

I started off by covering the entire can with a few layers of gesso.  The gesso allows you to add various color mediums that you might not be able to otherwise.


Once the gesso dried I covered the can with Dylusions Spray Ink...  I heat set the colors on each side before rolling it and adding more until the entire can was colored.  It was fun to watch the inks run down the little grooves in the can because as they did they combined to create new combinations.


I added a strip of Aquamarine Sorbet cardstock to the center of the can which I added a line detail to the edge using a Micron pen.  I then adhered the flower border sticker over the cardstock.  I glued on a Dew Drop over the center of each of the flowers.  I added bee & butterflies around the can as well!


Next I created a fun little collage on a library card using various bits from both Altered Pages and The Robin's Nest finishing it off with some vintage seam binding dyed with the same inks I used to color the tin can.


I used a bit of mesh lace to cover the can lip to prevent cuts while diving in for jelly beans and added some fun glittery purple "grass".... All that I need now is some of that yummy Easter candy to hide inside!


Altered Pages Products used:

The Robin's Nest Products used:
Butterfly Glitter Sticker Sheet

Other Supplies used:
Vintage Seam Binding
Mesh Lace
Tin Can
Purple Easter Basket Grass




Comments

  1. how cheerful and delightful! all it needs now is a big ol' chocolate bunny inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the chocolate bunny! Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on your blog, too! How cute! I love the library card collage. Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a clever Idea! Where were you when I was Den Mother?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Easter project, and simply perfect for holding those Easter treats. Love the tag, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEK this is too very adorable! The colors make me want to jump and yell SPRING! THANKS RONI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project... love up-cycling cans... Easter tins are a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulously sweet project Roni, perfect for filling with Easter Eggs for the kids or kids at heart! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee Hee this is too cute!! great way to Upcycle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q