Skip to main content

Took a Break

Hello art friends...Stephanie here. I feel like I say this far too many times, but it just fits...Happy Friday!!!

Okay, so the other day I was taking my son, Jake to go to the skate park. As we were headed out the front door I realized I was actually going to have some quiet time while he skated. I knew I could find a tree to sit under and just do whatever I wanted for an hour or two. So, as we were grabbing water bottles, sun screen and wrist guards I also grabbed my "art where you are" bag. I have posted about this before. It is a cute little tote that I always have stocked with my small journal, water brushes, water colors, mechanical pencil and a micron pen or two.

Am I happy that I remember this little gem of my art supply stash. I really do try to keep it either in the car or at least in and easy to grab location...'cause you never know when or where the mood or opportunity will strike to be able to create.

So, here is my take a minute to smell the roses, hold my breath while I watch my kid be a complete and total daredevil hopefully without breaking any bones (been there, done that more times than I prefer) and create art all simultaneously.


So, we get to the skate park, which is actually part of a much larger city park with lots of great amenities, I found a quiet little table in the shade and there just so happened to be a tree right there as a perfect subject to sketch. 


I grabbed my journal and got busy...busy relaxing and painting that is...now that is my kind of busy!





I am happy to report that I carved out some time for art, my son had a great time with his buddy's shredding the rails with front side ollies and tail grinds with not a single broken bone. Now, that is a great day! 

Make sure you check the Altered Pages Blog this entire month. Our Design Team is working together with Eileen Hull Designs and the "Artists on the Block" team and I just know it is going to be a great collaboration. So, don't miss it! 

As always remember to get all of your must have art supplies at Altered Pages. Supplies used for this journal page can be found at the links below:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and remember stop back by the blog...you never know what we will be altering for you!
~Stephanie

Comments

  1. WOW! Now that is art on the go! What talent!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree...it's lovely and it's so nice you both got to enjoy something you loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have an art-to-go bag. I have a large pencil box that I keep packed as my art travel box. It is stocked with all kinds of supplies including some stamped images to watercolor. I've got it packed and ready to go at a moment's notice. I'm hoping it'll help to occupy my time on a long distance flight later this month. It's great to have those times when you can get some art in your day! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to fill the time while allowing your son to enjoy his.......your sketch is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree. Sketching is one of the areas I need to work on. I like your idea of an on-the-go bag. I keep index cards and pencils in my car at lunchtime, but sometimes that's not a large enough canvas. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your art, wonderful detail to the shading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is beautiful, and I love the idea of an art to go bag. May have to make one up for myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q